Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I am in the process of tearing the seats out of a roller and forgot my Haynes book at home. These freekin things just don't want to come out. They have a handle at the side of the seat and seem to only recline. Can't find any way to slide them front or back. Any helpful hints on getting them out?
tommy914
There should be a handle on the side by the tunnel. Lift it up to slide forward. If the handle is broken, you still may be able to reach under and lift the adjusting bar and slide the seat forward.

I usually just slide the seat far enough forward to reach the hinge bolts in the back. Then I unbolt and lift it out.
bob91403
Recline? What car? What seats? 914 seats recline? Haynes doesn't have anything on seats.
Allan
took a look at the seats and couldn't find any adjusters on the tunnel side of the seat. Seat is mounted at three points, two in the back, and one center one in the front. by the way it is a '75.
Hi_Fi_Guy
Once you remove the two bolts on each side at the rear of the seat hing/rail you should be able to wiggle the seat and get it to lift out. At the front center there is a ntch where the recline mechanism slots in but there is no hard mounting I am aware of. It should simply wiggle ree of the slot.
Allan
Boy do I feel really stupid headbang.gif headbang.gif Spent 2 hours trying to get my fat fingers in under the seat rails to get at the bolts holding it down and as I was trying to shake the seat loose I grabbed the inner rail at the front of the seat and guess what I learned? Pull up on it a little and viola! Seat just pops forward and out. What a waste.
Mueller
normally you only have to be 5% smarter than the object giving you problems smile.gif

glad you got it...took me some time my first try at it a few years ago....
seanery
...now, get a replacement handle for that seat so you can move it quicker than 2 hours next time! laugh.gif
Allan
Seats are for sale. I'll put them in the classifieds.
anthony
Pull up on it a little and viola! Seat just pops forward and out. What a waste.

You have to push up on the locking tab and that releases the seat from the track. The second time I did this I fumbled around with it for like 30 minutes, gave up and went and searched here or Pelican for the answer. Having had done it before I knew that it was supposed to be easy.
URY914
Being that the seats have a fiberglass shell, you can just wait until the car rusts away from around the seat. It won't take long. wink.gif

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.