Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2012 Group Photos at Laguna Seca
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ww914
Here is one of many group photos I took at Laguna Seca:

Click to view attachment

If you want a full res copy of this or any other photo I took that day, check them out at the link below and pm me with the number.

http://www.aerialperspectives.com/Laguna_Seca

Here is an example of the individual shots on the racetrack.

Click to view attachment

If you participated in the AX at Marina Airport, here are a couple more links:

http://www.aerialperspectives.com/LPR_AX_I (914's)

http://www.aerialperspectives.com/LPR_AX_II (Other cars)

All 3 links seem to work now. Thanks Mark.

Let me know if they don't.

Find your car and pm me with the number(s). My pleasure, of course.
JeffBowlsby
Linky no worky?
Justinp71
Hey that's me piratenanner.gif

There is a slight typo in the link for the 914 ax pics it should be-
http://www.aerialperspectives.com/LPR_AX_I
Jeffs9146
The first one doesn't work either!
McMark
Fixed the AX pics links and made them clickable.
stuttgart46
Nice pics. Who's black, flared car is that? It says SPORTECH on the windshield. That's a good looking car.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(McMark @ May 16 2012, 09:31 AM) *

confused24.gif Can't open the Laguna Seca linky....
McMark
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 16 2012, 01:35 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ May 16 2012, 09:31 AM) *

confused24.gif Can't open the Laguna Seca linky....

Those aren't AX pics. poke.gif
ww914
I think all links work now.
Andyrew
Thank you!!
JStroud
Great pictures, Thank you for taking them. beer.gif beer.gif

Jeff
EdwardBlume
You rock! Thanks! beerchug.gif
pt_700
muchas gracias warren! excellent work!
Michael N
Thank you very much! first.gif
aircooledtechguy
Warren for Prez!! Thanks for taking these and posting them for us!!!!!
ww914
Please get your photo requests to me ASAP. My trial period for the file transfer software runs out soon.
ww914
Only 7 out of 25 of you have requested their car. Where are you guys?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(ww914 @ May 19 2012, 05:59 AM) *

Just save to disc... No complicated process required.
jim_hoyland
PM Sent smile.gif Thank you for taking the pictures.
jcambo7
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 19 2012, 09:09 AM) *

With the angle of this shot and the flat grey paint on your flares it looks like you don't even have flares...it's an illusion...
ww914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 19 2012, 07:09 AM) *

Rob - That is true, but if folks want a full res photo, the need to go through the "complicated process" of pounding a couple of extra keys.
Andyrew
Warren,

You could upload them here... Send a PM to SirAndy and ask if he can raise the upload limit to 5mb's/post for a couple of days. Then you wont have to worry about them smile.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ May 19 2012, 07:23 AM) *
... it looks like you don't even have flares...it's an illusion...

Dude, Mark ripped you off! He just painted the illusion of flares on there!

And having molds made to he could make those 165s say that they're 225s? That's some impressive forgery. Not to mention altering the autoX lap times as they were being timed!!

--DD

(Dammit, where are my meds???)
jim_hoyland
Downloaded the pics, very nice ! smile.gif Why do the pictures only open using Paint ? When I try to open in MS Photo Editor, I get an error message... sad.gif
ww914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 19 2012, 02:52 PM) *

Downloaded the pics, very nice ! smile.gif Why do the pictures only open using Paint ? When I try to open in MS Photo Editor, I get an error message... sad.gif

Not sure why. The are just simple jpg files. Any photo editing program should open them. I haven't heard of this problem from anyone else.
The photos are over 31megs in size. I wonder if there is a size limit in MS Photo Editor. Just thinking out loud.
Mike Bellis
Got my download from Warren.

Thank you sir!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 19 2012, 01:26 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ May 19 2012, 07:23 AM) *
... it looks like you don't even have flares...it's an illusion...

Dude, Mark ripped you off! He just painted the illusion of flares on there!

And having molds made to he could make those 165s say that they're 225s? That's some impressive forgery. Not to mention altering the autoX lap times as they were being timed!!

--DD

(Dammit, where are my meds???)

You're right Dave! Mark had me help him put a TypeI VW motor in your car just the other day. He had a friend airbrush it to make it look like your TypeIV motor. That boy has devious skills! You should have stayed with your car while he worked on it! biggrin.gif
Rand
I replied to an identical thread to this with a couple more Laguna Seca shots, and it's gone. Did the other thread get deleted?

I posted a pic with all the guys by their cars asking for help identifying everyone, and got a great reply from someone naming most. But now, it is not showing up by a search that I know had keywords that were in the original.

Did I step on someone's toes? Is this a glitch with the new forum, or did this thread get replaced?

ww914
I have not seen the thread you are refering to, so I cannot comment. No one has stepped on my toes, not that I would care.
pt_700
i remember that thread, rand. dkawashima had a nearly complete list of names / usernames by the order of the cars in the group pic. i'd like to find it too, to help me remember the names of the nice couple who drove the orange late model teener behind me during some of the scenic drive...

as someone who's not so good at remembering names, i'm amazed by dave's abilities. or pehaps pam's helping him?

if it doesn't turn up, send him a pm, i'm sure he has that list saved somewhere.

QUOTE(Rand @ May 20 2012, 11:51 PM) *

I replied to an identical thread to this with a couple more Laguna Seca shots, and it's gone. Did the other thread get deleted?

I posted a pic with all the guys by their cars asking for help identifying everyone, and got a great reply from someone naming most. But now, it is not showing up by a search that I know had keywords that were in the original.

Did I step on someone's toes? Is this a glitch with the new forum, or did this thread get replaced?

Andyrew
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...81318&st=60
This thread?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 21 2012, 08:23 AM) *

That was my logical first thought too Andy but the group shot and named post doesn't appear to be there. Maybe someone wanted to be anonymous...
dlkawashima

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=183260
ww914
I have sent photos to everyone who requested, however, some say they did not receive them. Let me know if you didn't get the download instructions.
SirAndy
- and it's gone.
- Did the other thread get deleted?
- it is not showing up by a search
- Did I step on someone's toes?
- Is this a glitch
- did this thread get replaced?

Neither ...

The thread is in the "Events" forum:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=183260

popcorn[1].gif
Jeffs9146
Got them!! piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif

Thanks
Andyrew
Lets just move that info here smile.gif If anyone knows who the grey primer car in the back 5th row is i'll edit this post smile.gif

IPB Image

1st row right to left (because that's how we left the track):
1) Rob W (RobW)
2) Jeff T (Jeffs9146)
3) Ken S (kenschipper)
4) Mike B (kg6dxn)

2nd row r-l:
5) Dean M (sawtooth)
6) Rich B (HPH)
7) Dave K (dlkawashima)
8) Peter VDP (Hydroliftin)

3rd row r-l
9) Lennie W (lennies914)
10) Sandy C (Seaside6)
11) Jeff B (Jeff Bowlsby)
12) Paul T (pt_700)

4th row r-l
13) Jim N (JimN73)
14) Marty Y (Marty Yoeman)
15) Jim H (jim_hoyland)
16) Justin (Justinp71)

5th row r-l
17) Nathan M (aircooledtechguy)
18) Jeff S (jsconst)
19) Jim (Roadster Fan)
20) John C (jeeperjohn56)

6th row r-l
21) Tom B (RUNNINGWOLF)
22) Peter J (malaga_red75)
23) Andrew D (Andyrew)
24) (Heater Guy)

Back row
25) Michael N (Michael N)
ww914
Bumping this up. Only 11 of you have requested photos of your cars. Where are the rest of you?
Michael N
19) Jim - (Roadster Fan)
jim_hoyland
The yellow race car belongs to Heater Guy. Seen his posts in the Paddock.
Andyrew
Edited smile.gif Thanks guys!
jim_hoyland
I've been trying to upload the pictures to Kinkos-Fed Ex to have prints made. After uploading, I get a message that the file is not compatible. .? Any ideas ? I've printed previous WCR pics in the past, but no dice this year

dlkawashima
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 4 2012, 08:20 PM) *

I've been trying to upload the pictures to Kinkos-Fed Ex to have prints made. After uploading, I get a message that the file is not compatible. .? Any ideas ? I've printed previous WCR pics in the past, but no dice this year

Jim, the only thing I can figure is that Kinko's might have a size limit per image. The images are all more than 4 megabytes in size ...... maybe too large for Kinko's? I dunno, just a guess.
Andyrew
Walmart can do them.
ww914
Jim and anyone else having problems with the image size and don't have the software to reduce them, let me know via email and I will send you smaller sizes. Just let me know what size and which file you want to print.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 4 2012, 09:50 PM) *

Walmart can do them.

Good call, the Walmart photo web page took the files. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.