Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Don't look
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bob91403
I can understand how someone might do these things to a 914/4. But, why would anyone make these changes to a 914/6? Made me want to throw up. Typed in the link, didn't work. Link below works.
mercdev
Haha I was *just* looking at that car! Wow...

This link worked...
Levi
Hell..Why would you want to fuk-up any 914 like that??????????????????????????/
laugh.gif
beerchug.gif
bob91403
agree.gif I don't really care for chalon. But a six? UUGH!!!
URY914
Sitting on jack stands in his driveway.
Very nice.

Dumb ass is a term that comes to mind.

Paul
JoeSharpOld
Is there something wrong with the numbers on that car. confused24.gif
9140432339. The add says its a 71 and were all the -6 cars numbers run consecitively.
Joe
tracks914
Chalon is Fugly.
Wooden Saw horse says it all.
Nice rear trunk. sawzall-smiley.gif
Nice welding in the front trunk. welder.gif
What are some people thinking? wacko.gif wacko.gif
Mueller
figure 10 years ago, the 914 was even more of a bastard step child, he might never have thought or knew what the value of the car is or could be, ......now for the butchery and front trunk "stuff", some people should not be allowed to own/operate a sawzall and a welder wacko.gif
mikey
That's ok...makes mine worth more boldblue.gif
Andyrew
If he's still got the orig six.... A parts car can yield all the sheet metal to fix this car....

I dont know... I think that its a good deal! but a bad car....

If I had a spare 3k, I'd buy it.......

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Now, why he didnt structurally reinforce the rear... but he reinforced (like crap) the front (where he cut the factory reinforcement...... bull) is beyond me...

Andrew
SirAndy
someone go and save this poor little thing ...

sad.gif Andy
Dr Evil
You all missed the point! He is brilliant! With all of that metal removed the car has less metal to rust. Its like beating the rust monster to the punch. blink.gif

What an ass.
Lou W
Can you imagine how his neighbors feel <_<
Bleyseng
Thats a $500 parts car and maybe IF you had a good early 1.7 car you could swap parts off of it would be worth it. That is too much.....moron.

10 years ago 914/6's with a 2.7l were still worth a pile. Hmmm, this guy couldn't just swap in a used 2.7l which was all of $2500 back then.

Geoff
markb
If I had 3k to spend, it would be sitting on jackstands in MY driveway. biggrin.gif

3k is cheap for a /6.
Maltese Falcon
There's hope for that 914, however it will take the Lone Ranger, Tonto, a posse , and the P dealer parts department to upfixin welder.gif
thomasotten
Is it just me, or does the Chalon get uglier as the years pass?
Maltese Falcon
It's not that the Chalon was ugly , some were done up very tastefully -however this one could make a train take a dirt road barf.gif
The designer of the Chalon was a simple business man that ran Anything Unlimited (parts boutique) in W.L.A. , and he made a great statement with the faux finish 914. The Chalon name was lifted from a street that ran near Mulholland Dr., renamed Getty Ctr. Dr. when the museum came in. But this one here needs to be the Poster Boy for the Chalon Rescue Mission !
thomasotten
They look good if they are done right. But the trouble is, the only one I have ever seen doe right was the one done by Anything LTD.
wheelo
FUGLY !

I agree with Andy ...save that poor car... from any further humiliation!

:finger2:

Bad PO ....Bad
skline
I am sure glad that most of you think my car is ugly, I wanted one since the first time I saw one, I like the blending of the 914 with a 911. That is really all a Chalon is. My car is a 914 with a body kit made from parts from a 911. The front and rear bumpers are 911 and the flares are styled like the 911 also. But inside, it is still a 914 with a mid engine. I guess it's just one of those if you like it, you like it. I personally, like the Chalon and live for the day I can drive it and enjoy it. And one day soon, blow away most other cars racing.

This is a well done Chalon, mine will be just like it but Cobalt steel blue.
Mrs. K
agree.gif I like your Chalon, Scott! rolleyes.gif
Wait till you get it going and blow them away
at the next AX lol2.gif

Lisa biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(skline @ Oct 11 2004, 09:07 AM)
I am sure glad that most of you think my car is ugly,

laugh.gif

what i don't like about it is the slant nose, from the side, the lines just don't look right (when you look front-back).
i have seen chalon kits where people left the stock fenders (but added the flares) which IMHO looks *much* better.
i do like the 911 front and rear look otherwise.

cool.gif Andy
GTeener
The nose is too slanted for my tastes and I think the gills on the sail panel are cheese-ball, but the back looks nice smile.gif
skline
I sat back and looked at it, I still like it. It kind of looks like a cross between a 914 a 911 and an Early RX7 with a notchback instead of a hatchback.
SirAndy
QUOTE(skline @ Oct 11 2004, 10:39 AM)
I sat back and looked at it, I still like it. It kind of looks like a cross between a 914 a 911 and an Early RX7 with a notchback instead of a hatchback.

now what you really need is 911 fenders with the 911 headlights ...

anyone still has that pic? i didn't save it ...
icon8.gif Andy
Root_Werks
A buddy of mine did a Chalon a few years back. Nice blue with a 2.7CIS. Very nicely done. His was the kit that used the lengthened factory 911 bumpers and accordian pieces ect. Be careful, some of the kits are ALL fiberglass. One small bump and the bumper takes the fender off. His actually had seperate mountings so if the bumper was hit, it had travel before you would reach a fender. I think they look okay, a little too much like an RX7 for my tastes as well as a little too delicate for me. Otherwise, one of the better done kits for the 914. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.