Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injector's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Looking at both the injector harness and the injector's has me needing to ask 3 questions. 1) The rubber boots on a couple of the injector's are torn. What is the best way to replace them? I was thinking about cutting the wires, sliding on new boots and splicing them back. 2) Are new boots available? 3) Does it matter what cylinder you replace the injectors during assembly as long as the wiring is correct? Thanks!
tod914
If your not in any rush to get your car on the road this week, send it out to Jeff Bowsby. He really does outstanding work. smilie_pokal.gif
JoeSharpOld
agree.gif Jeff is the man. biggrin.gif I am very happy with his work. biggrin.gif
Joe
Allan
I know, I know I have seen his work. Really first rate. My problem is I'm running out of budget. Gotta see if I can at least replace the torn boots on my own. The rest of the harness looks pretty good.
JoeSharpOld
I don't run a rain cover and the only porblem I had with the injector was spilling oil from the oil bath air cleaner on one of the conectors. They will work fine with out the boot. Whats the problem with yours?
Joe
Allan
2 of them just have torn boots.
JoeSharpOld
I edited my last reply. I looked at all of my looms and all of the boots are broken. Sorry, if I had any good ones I would send them to you. Just wrap them in electrical tape. They will work fine.
Joe
Allan
What about re-installing the injectors. Does it matter which intake they go back in?
tod914
Nope all the injectors are the same. Just make sure you connect them properly. Change the seals too, only a couple of bucks.
Maltese Falcon
Allan, since your going thru your maint items right now, it's a good time to check the cond of the EFI triger points . You'll find these hidden under your ign points in your dist. (refer to your shop manual). They do load up with grit after years of use.
Marty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.