Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 55 & 90 Amp rebuilt alternators $125 - $200 no core needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
Had to adjust the price as the cost to me and the builder went up. He had bought a bulk container of the high amp stators two years ago but found his price went up dramatically when he went to reorder. I sold the one on hand at the old price. He has three high amp stators on order. They are built to order. I have one committed buyer at this time.

Cost for a standard 55 amp rebuild id $125. High amp 90 amp is $200. I have about 10 cores and do not need cores at this time. When they are gone I will need a core for the rebuild.

I have a local shop that has been rebuilding alternators for 25 years. They do a great job. This is a picture of one they recently rebuilt to 90 amps. $12 Priority mail shipping. No core needed at this time. I am trying to reduce my collection of used alternators.

Bruce
euro911
Hmmm idea.gif

Keep one aside for me Bruce ... I'd like to install a higher amperage alternator in the 'BB'
markb
Good price! The place that used to do them for us was much higher. I may have to get one for myself..... idea.gif
bdstone914
I do not have any finished ones in stock. The one pictured was sold to a member posting a WTB.

The shop in in my same complex and he will have one done in one day or less.

I just have to walk it down to him when some one needs one.

He also does starters and AC Compressors and installation of them.

If anyone not local wanted do do a "group buy" of two or more I could ship two for $15.

Mark S,
This is the shop I had my van AC fixed.
If you want him to do it you can hang out at my shop while he work on it.
I can probably find some work a person of your caliber like sorting washers.
poke.gif
euro911
Wondering what would a group buy, let's say ten buyers, would drop the unit price to? idea.gif

Does he need cores? busted.gif

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 17 2012, 01:14 PM) *
... Mark S,
poke.gif

Sounds like a plan, but, I hear you pay your help peanuts laugh.gif

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 17 2012, 01:51 PM) *

Wondering what would a group buy, let's say ten buyers, would drop the unit price to? idea.gif

Does he need cores?

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 17 2012, 01:14 PM) *
... Mark S,
poke.gif

Sounds like a plan, but, I hear you pay your help peanuts laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

That is right. They are fresh roasted jumbo Texas peanuts. Finest peanuts money can buy.
jim_hoyland
Smoking deal ! My 90 amp alt was quite a bit more.... sad.gif How can one tell if the alternator is actually 90 amps ???

BTW I have an extra core.
Gint
Do you need to do anything else to install a 90 amp unit?
bdstone914
QUOTE(Gint @ May 17 2012, 08:11 PM) *

Do you need to do anything else to install a 90 amp unit?

Not to my knowledge.

Bruce
euro911
It should be plug & play, but I'd check to make sure all the car's wiring is in good condition and all terminals cleaned of any corrosion. Corroded terminals will cause increased current (amperage) draw and heat up the wiring.

Basically, the alternator builder would just install a stator with more windings in the coil for the increased output.

These cars weren't designed for modern electronic toys, so if installing a device that requires high current (a killer-wattage stereo system, etc.), install new appropriate gauge wiring: a fused hot lead from the battery to the device and a new ground wire to a good solid grounding point on the car.

If installing a high current amp, it's also a good idea to install a large capacitor in the circuit (1~5 Farad depending on the amp's power rating) to smooth out the inrush current.

party.gif
bdstone914
Good advise Mark.

I will have one rebuild 90 amp alternator ready tomorrow.
Supply may be limited to four units at this price.
He is checking current prices on the stators as these were a pallet price from two years ago.

Any other tire kickers out there?

Bruce
cary
Bruce, I'm in for one for the daily driver I'm putting back together.
bdstone914
Price bump edit
euro911
blink.gif
CGDerian
Bruce,

Do you still have any 90 amp alternators available? Thanks.

-Craig
Bruce, I'll take a 90 amp when I pick up my other parts.

Please advise- thanks
bdstone914
QUOTE(396 @ Sep 24 2013, 04:03 PM) *

Please advise- thanks

Sorry old thread. My rebuilder can not get the parts to build the high amp ones at a reasonable. I can have him do a rebuild on a standard 55 amp.
bdstone914
QUOTE(396 @ Sep 24 2013, 04:03 PM) *

Please advise- thanks

Sorry old thread. My rebuilder can not get the parts to build the high amp ones at a reasonable. I can have him do a rebuild on a standard 55 amp.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.