1974 Porsche 914 2.0l
asking $4000

This car needs work to be roadworthy again, but it is solid and rust-free. Would make an excellent starting point for a great restoration project.

I haven't had the time to restore it myself and it has been languishing in my garage. Now I am moving, so I have to sell it.

details:
- absolutely -Z E R O- frame rust - straight and solid
- highest HP 4-cyl model made
- only 60k miles on original engine!
- when it last ran it was quick and solid.

- car has never been outside of California

- have original Porsche owner's manual, trunk toolkit, and jack

To be clear:
THIS CAR HAS BEEN IN STORAGE FOR OVER 7 YEARS. IT IS A RESTORATION PROJECT.
It probably needs new rubber and seals, but otherwise it is in excellent mechanical condition. You will not find a better starting point for a 914 resto project anywhere.

Answers to some questions:

Q: Any Rust?
A: None of importance. The battery tray is rusted through as is typical, and there is rust on the passenger side door sill but none of it is serious. There is no frame rust. The shock tower mount is solid, etc.

Q: Does it have the original fuel injection system?
A: Yes. The car is original and 100% stock - meaning there have been NO modifications to it whatsoever except for the addition of a CD player.

Q: Does it really have only 60k miles on it?
A: Yes. I am the third owner of the car. We all kept it for "recreational use" as a second or third car and barely drove it. I have owned it since 1998 and have only managed about 15k in that whole time. Unfortunately, it has been sitting in my garage unused so it will require a flush of all fluids and probably some other work to get running again. You will need to trailer it home.

Q: Does it have any optional equipment like the center console or gauges or Fuchs/Pedrini alloys or fog lights or etc.
A: No. The car is bare bones with no options except for the storage tray between the seats with the armrest pad. That's it, nothing else.

Q: Is there any accident damage?
A: No. Except for the minor scrape/dent on the driver rear quarter panel that I did backing into a pole at a gas station at like 3mph. I can send more pictures. Also, the rear trunk hinge sticks and needs to be replaced.

Q: Do the serial numbers match?
A: Yes, all the numbers match.

Q: What is the engine number and where is it?
A: The Engine number is GA013724 and it is located in front of the oil filler in the front of the engine compartment, right where it is supposed to be on a 2.0 liter.

I can take any additional pictures you want. Please email with any questions.

thanks!
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article

THIS IS NOT A 914WORLD AD!
Do not reply to this thread! No one is listening!

Click on the "View the full article" link above to go to the actual Ad!