Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash pad repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Type 47
I've completely disassembled my 75' 914 and it is headed to the media blaster next week.

one casualty was the dash pad. I failed (fu'd) to see the 2 nuts under the gauge hoop and when I lifted it off it ripped like a piece of paper. smash.gif

So I F'd up a perfectly good dash pad b/c of my stupidity ar15.gif

it's cracked on each side of the hoop...one is very slight and the other more jagged.

Can I glue it and do some kind of "body" work on it, or am I just screwed and have to get another one from someone who knew what they were doing when they removed it?

I'm just barf.gif over this and would like to keep the original one in the car if it can be fixed and look like it never was F'd up.
Valy
I fixed cracks in my dash but you have to refinish it and there's nothing that looks like leather and sprays on.
Considering that you're more anal than I am, I would say you need a new one or at least a recoated one. Don't think yours is a good core for recoating.
Camp914 offers recoating services.
Dr Evil
This is about all I think the home person can do:

Dash putty
http://www.classicdyeproducts.com/dp-dash_putty

Type 47
decided to get a $350 replacement from a recycler...I will try to repair the original one and sell it.

kicking myself in the ass for being impatient and screwing up the good original one.
EdwardBlume
Dash cap. No one will know / care.
xsurfer
Just Dashes in Van Nuys CA.

Good Luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.