Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My first challenge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
Well, I finally got my 914. I've been posting here for about 2 weeks, while I was waiting for its delivery. I now have the car here, at home, but I can't really do much to it since I kinda/sorta injured my hand at work.

On to the challenge at hand: I noticed when I drove the car home from the drop-off point that the throttle is getting stuck. I noticed the PO took off the pedal board for reasons unknown. When I tried to lubricate the accelerator pedal, thinking this is the culprit, I heard a really good rubbing noise... I'm guessing it's somewhere in the actual cable runner, but I'm not sure....

So... I tried a little WD40... it's definitely not helping... Any suggestions???

Thanks,

Carlos
sgomes
Do you hear the same rubbing sound when you press the clutch? You could have the two cables wrapped around each other. Pretty easy to do.
Carlitos Way
I did a little more research on this... and it seems the noise is only present on the accelerator pedal... but the noise does not seem present if I remove the linkage that moves the actual cable. Any thoughts? Is it difficult to replace the throttle cable?

Carlos
Carlitos Way
Right now, no manuals... I'd like to get the Haynes manual and some of the others... but those have to come with time, as things get moving. First priority is to make the car roadworthy, so I can pass State inspection and get plates.

So... yes, throttle is good. smile.gif I guess I"ll start checking prices for a throttle cable.

Thanks for your feedback.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.