Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Sway Bar Removal - How to remove the bar?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve73
I could use some advice for taking out the bar under the fuel tank. Everything is unbolted but I can't get the rod past the rubber bushings at each end. Do i have to destroy the rubber on one side to get it out? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Steve
flash914
The bushings should have a slit in them. it could be that time and heat has reformed them. look for the cut or make a new one.
Steve73
QUOTE(flash914 @ May 18 2012, 02:28 AM) *

The bushings should have a slit in them. it could be that time and heat has reformed them. look for the cut or make a new one.

Ok I see the cut on one side (all I need) how do i take advantage of it? (sorry but this is the one thing on dismantling this car that has stumped me.

Got to get it finished and to the junk yard before my wife will let me bring in the 914 I just bought.
ChrisFoley
You need to pop the mounting bracket on one side off of the rubber.
Then you can pry open the rubber to remove it.
Steve73
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ May 18 2012, 12:06 PM) *

You need to pop the mounting bracket on one side off of the rubber.
Then you can pry open the rubber to remove it.

Racer I bolted the mount holding the bar back to the car, i grabbed at the rubber with needle nose pliers till i had enough material gone so i could spray lubricant into the void. The rubber gasket comes out towards the car body. I would think that a small punch would push it out.

Thanks for everyone's help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.