Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tranny Bellcrank for /6 conversion..Help needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
phillstek
I need to make a bellcrank and came up with this crude drawing/design. Pretty sure the bottom lever is right but not sure if the top one is.

Any of you engineer types able to critique? Will it work? Feel free to laugh at my drawingClick to view attachment
iamchappy
Looks like it should work you wont need the spring , the return spring on the carbs or throttle body will be enough. I would just copy an original one, should be simple enough to do.
phillstek
Thanks chappy, problem is if I had one to copy then I wouldn't need to make one (not trying to be a smart arse). The one I had on my 901 box has a much longer bottom lever and totally different angles. I then got a hold of one for a 915 and while levers were shorter, the top one was too long this time and angles still not correct.

I thought the spring on the bottom lever would allow the use of lighter springs at the carbs thereby reducing the load on the throttle shafts (Webers)?

Have searched here for more info but have not found any thing.
Cap'n Krusty
Why not just buy one from Rich Johnson?

The Cap'n
Luke M
I made one that mounts to the rear cover of a side shift trans. I had my org 914-6 trans that I used to take measurements from. Took about an hour to make a new bracket and fits/works great. I'm going to install it on my 914-6 with the oem throttle cable. I'll take and post pics of the bracket later today.

Luke
rfuerst911sc
If you decide not to make one I purchased and am using the Rich Johnson setup works perfect I highly recommend.
phillstek
Thanks all,

Would like to see your pix Luke. Went looking for the RJ unit and could not find anything on his site.

If you guys think the above will work fine then I will mod the one that I already have.

Thanks again.
Luke M
Here's the pics of the bracket that I made. You can see when it's mounted on the side shift trans that it's in the same spot a the org. 914-6 trans.
Dr Evil
There are some things to consider:

What is the travel of your clutch pedal?
What is the travel of your throttle levers?

If you can get these measurements, I can help with the design parameters for you.

The /6 may have used different length throttle levers so you may have to compensate for that. Your design can do this.

If you are able to change out your intermediate plate, I have several for sale with the pivot rod installed in them. However, this may be more than you want to do and there may be easier ways to get around this. I also have some pulleys that may work, but I need the measurements.
Dr Evil
Here are designs I have poached over the years. No idea of the originators.
phillstek
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 20 2012, 02:10 AM) *

There are some things to consider:

What is the travel of your clutch pedal?
What is the travel of your throttle levers?

If you can get these measurements, I can help with the design parameters for you.

The /6 may have used different length throttle levers so you may have to compensate for that. Your design can do this.

If you are able to change out your intermediate plate, I have several for sale with the pivot rod installed in them. However, this may be more than you want to do and there may be easier ways to get around this. I also have some pulleys that may work, but I need the measurements.

Hi Doc/Luke,

Thanks for chiming in Doc.

Clutch pedal and clutch is working 100%.

Accelerator pedal has full travel = 70mm, throttle travel at carbs = 30mm

Transmission is wevo'd 915.

Thanks for the pix Luke, I'm going to the shop later today and will take some photos of the current set up.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.