Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cliff's Slow and Steady 914 build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cliffordbf
This car has been an on-going project since I purchased it in Fall of '09. The car is a 1976 Porsche 914. It is currently stock (aside from wheels). I bought the car from a guy in Stillwater who's father purchased the car in the early '80's. The car was not perfect but was what I was looking for. The car is now officially running, after almost two years of ownership and maybe 30 days of actually running in that time. I have replaced the old fuel lines with some new stainless steel and new rubber lines. The fuel lines were the biggest obstacle that has finally been overcome, many thanks to Curt AKA vsg914.
These are the pictures of the car right before I got it:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

The car now:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Since owning the car, I have swapped wheels, replaced sway bar bushings, fuel lines, spark plugs, spark plug wires, shifter bushings, relocated the FI computer and relocated the coil. I am considering an engine swap in this car or a another 914, in the near-ish future.

IPB Image

The next major change the car is undergoing is going to be plasti-dip (the car will get a full paint job once I finalize the drivetrain).
Tom_T
Hey Clifford,

Glad to see you got it running & over to Curt's for fine tuning & registration!

Sorry I missed you when I was in Tulsa at the end of April & my arrival got pushed, but Curt was telling me about your 914 at our lunch.

BTW - my 73 2.0 is also originally L80E light Ivory (white) & will be again when my resto is done. Mine is a long process to get stripped to shell, repaired/rust work & repainted.

Hopefully the 3 of us can bracket Curt's red with our two white 914s at some future date! smile.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Uh oh. I let Cliff drive my 2056 with Raby 9550 cam and now he wants a new engine. The slippery slope is sucking down another one. Enjoyed lunch Tom.
cliffordbf
After what seemed to be a long day I feel that the car is running better than before. I went to Curt's shop and started to trouble shoot some hesitation and shuttering that the car was doing. We pulled the diz and luckily he had another that we tried and it worked. We completely tore that one apart and cleaned the entire thing and reassembled and tried again.
IPB Image

While we were in there, we replaced the throttle position sensor and throttle body. Also managed to rework some vacuum lines that the PO hooked up incorrectly. After a clutch adjustment and some other misc. tweaking, all seems to be good with the car.
cliffordbf
Just got my injectors back from EvenFlow Solutions here in town and they cleaned and tested my injectors. IPB Image
These are going back in this afternoon. The injectors look really good, too!
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.