Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sunday Afternoon Drive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
Went to our church's annual "Changing of the Colors" picnic this afternoon up on the San Francisco Peaks. The snow & lightning forced us back to church for an indoor picnic, but it was still fun to get the teener out on a windy road.
ThinAir
Yup, that's snow coming down on the "rental" teener. The road is only 7 miles long and not all that winding, but still more fun than the teener has seen in awhile.
ThinAir
The far view after I got back into town. Not much snow for now, but enough that I'm glad I didn't stay up there much longer.
tracks914
You have snow in AZ and we still haven't had all our leaves change colour yet...let alone snow. Bring on the hole in the ozone layer if this is the type of weather we can expect. laugh.gif
ThinAir
Well I was at about 9,500 feet and the top of the mountains is 12,500 (highest point in AZ) so it's not quite like Arizona is getting snow already. We haven't had a hint of snow yet here in town at 7,000 feet so the snow shovel is still hanging on the wall unused. It's a good thing - I have too much left to do before winter (like getting the 73 back on the road so I can have sufficient test time before WCC2005)!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.