Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New here, Hello everyone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hitbyastick
Hello all,
just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking for a while and I've decided to make myself known. My name is Christoph, I'm originally from Germany, but I've lived in the CA bay area for about 8 years.
The car is a 74 2.0. Rebuilt suspension (kyb shocks, weltmeister progressive springs), american racing wheels, rebuilt engine (euro pistons, webcam, homemade cold air intake, MSD), new-ish seats, homemade center console with oil pressure, voltage and clock, 6 blaupunkt speakers, amp and cd player. Needs paint real bad (if figured fix the internals first). And I'm hoping I got most of the rust smile.gif
Future plans include: actually driving the car, maybe autocross, paint... that sort of thing

Here are some pictures of the car in Germany (I shipped it there when I moved back home, then came back to bay area) on the first drive after I rebuilt it.

So hello all smile.gif
Lou W
Welcome, First post and already a picture cool.gif
Rusty
Christoph, welcome! clap56.gif

You have a nice looking car! Good to have another German native around here. (We were kind of getting tired of our old one. rolleyes.gif )

Again... welcome!

-Rusty smoke.gif
skline
Welkomen, Guten tag (s) Now Andy will have someone to talk to in his native tongue. I am sure he will like that. Let see some more pictures of your car.
hitbyastick
Heres another pic
hitbyastick
Minor adjustment biggrin.gif
morph
Welcome
Rhodes71/914
Hello, wavey.gif welcome to the club.
ThinAir
Welcome to the club. We're always glad to see lurkers turn into posters! boldblue.gif

So... where are you from in Deutschland? The area in the pictures looks pretty flat like it might be up north near The Netherlands, but I'm only guessing. There's a lot of Germany that I haven't seen. (Sounds like a good reason to go again!)
hitbyastick
Hehe, well it's flat there, in the fields. It was in the spring and those are all wheat, barley etc. fields. It's a pretty mountainous region altogether. That town is called Bueren, but the bigger city would be Paderborn.
Where have you been in Germany?
Maltese Falcon
Christoph, Welkomen guten abens
I think I've seen your name over at Renn or the Bird board ?! lurking is OK , but now you can hang out with all of these mittlemotor celebraties cool_shades.gif Have fun here...
mit grussen , Herr Schneider
hitbyastick
Maltese,
yep I post on Rennlist, and I like the forums. However, the 914 forum was .. "too much of a party" for me to handle smile.gif
Mueller
Welcome......

i remember you from the rennlist forum, it's been a while....I was in Stutgartt last year and I saw a white 914 near the zoo, any chance it was you?? smile.gif

i work in Fremont, we'll have to do lunch sometime and BS about our 914's
ChrisReale
QUOTE(hitbyastick @ Oct 10 2004, 06:27 PM)
Minor adjustment biggrin.gif

Thats a site that we see all too often. Welcome to the club. You live in an area that seems to allow 914's to thrive. There are plenty of events to keep you occupied.
boxstr
Welcome, stay away from the Euro SNOB, Alison.
CCLINLOL
STL914
Welcome to the club, Christoph.

wavey.gif
hitbyastick
Mueller,
lunch sounds good one of these days.
Probably wasn't me in Stuttgart. Did you by any chance, do a factory tour, or see the Porsche museum. When I was there, they had the Ferrys 914-8 out on the floor. Very nice.
Mrs. K
Welcome aboard, Christoph! smilie_pokal.gif
It's great to have you!
You are in very good company with lots
of people with great knowledge!

Lisa wavey.gif

BTW Nice car! w00t.gif
ThinAir
QUOTE(hitbyastick @ Oct 10 2004, 07:58 PM)
Where have you been in Germany?

Tourist places like the Rhine, Rottenburg aub Tauber, the area near Baden Baden and Hamburg. Our son studied German for a summer in Ulm and again a couple of years later in Lüneburg. We made it to Wolfsburg on our first visit to Europe by making a big loop from The Netherlands to get to our departure point in Düsseldorf. Otherwise our travels just have been places between wherever our son was going and The Netherlands. Being of Dutch ancestory we always end up there when we are in Europe.

There's a couple of different Paderborns in Germany - are you near the one in North Westphalia? The closest Beuren I can find is Beuran an der Aach which is way south in Baden-Wüttemberg. I love the fact that MSN Maps lets you find stuff in Europe, but you often need to know more about it to be sure you've got the right place.
hitbyastick
QUOTE(ErnieDV @ Oct 10 2004, 07:50 PM)

There's a couple of different Paderborns in Germany - are you near the one in North Westphalia? The closest Beuren I can find is Beuran an der Aach which is way south in Baden-Wüttemberg. I love the fact that MSN Maps lets you find stuff in Europe, but you often need to know more about it to be sure you've got the right place.

Paderborn Northrhine Westphalia it is.
The town is actually Bueren ... ue as in ü .. So Büren. I need my german keyboard :-p
SirAndy
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Oct 10 2004, 07:24 PM)
(We were kind of getting tired of our old one.  :rolleyes: )

hey hey, careful what you wish for! biggrin.gif

hi Christoph, herzlich willkommen! smilie_pokal.gif

Du bist #4 in der deutschen Bay-Area 914 Stammtischrunde!
Birgit, Theo, meine Wenigkeit und Du ...

boldblue.gif Andy
hitbyastick
Hi Andy,
ich denke in dieser Gegend gibt es sicherlich noch einige 914 Freunde. Rosten bei dem Klima eher wenig smile.gif
Leider ist meiner noch in Deutschland. Aber wir arbeiten dran smile.gif
hitbyastick
Andy,
I just read your website. I looked at your very car in San Rafael sometime in 2001. I got mine in June that year. Wow, has it been three years already?
SirAndy
QUOTE(hitbyastick @ Oct 10 2004, 10:10 PM)
I just read your website. I looked at your very car in San Rafael sometime in 2001. I got mine in June that year. Wow, has it been three years already?

ohmy.gif i'm glad you didn't buy it ...

that is scary,
laugh.gif Andy
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(hitbyastick @ Oct 10 2004, 06:15 PM)
...Needs paint real bad ...

there's any number of people who can paint a 914 real bad, we see them all the time :-) ...

seriously - welcome ! yellow Porsches may be faster (my current 914 is yellow) but i think white is still my favorite color.
914Timo
Hello and welcome to the club.

Nice to see other European here. I am not sure if I undestood, but are you now in Germany or in USA. I suppose your 914 is here in Europe.

wavey.gif
seanery
Welcome Christoph! smilie_pokal.gif
hitbyastick
Timo,
yeah the car is in Europe, and I'm in the US. A temporary situation, then the car comes back here. Unforunately I missed the california summer to drive it. Then again, do we really have a winter?

Artechnik,
well the car will stay the color. I think black and white match real well.
Allan
Nice to meet you. Don't worry about driving the car when it gets here. It's almost always driving weather in California. biggrin.gif
jim912928
Welcome! I think I remember reading about your restoration work..was it at the rennlist site?
hitbyastick
Yeah I took a bunch of pictures, and wrote it out to a website. Except then the website got delted. Loads of info an pictures lost. I discussed it with the good folks on rennlist thoroughly. Maybe next engine rebuilt smile.gif
Jeroen
Hey Christof, welcome to 914world.com!
And since you are from Germany: ik wil mijn fiets terug biggrin.gif

grusse,

Jeroen
Gint
Welcome to the club! beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
wavey.gif
BatAc
Damn, I'll jus' keep repeating to myself, mine can be rust free too, mine can be rust free too, mine can be rust free too......

Welcome.
SirAndy
QUOTE(hitbyastick @ Oct 10 2004, 10:06 PM)
Rosten bei dem Klima eher wenig

Das kannst Du aber laut sagen wink.gif

Wie wäre es mit einem deutschen 914 Bier-Abend?
"Suppenküche" in SF hat gutes Essen und deutsches Bier vom Faß ...

chowtime.gif drunk.gif Andy
hitbyastick
Suppenkueche. Ich glaube da war ich mal, so vor 6 Jahren. Koennte man durchaus mal machen. Mit dem Bier wird es warscheinlich ein bischen schwierig. Bin leider erst 20.
SirAndy
QUOTE(hitbyastick @ Oct 11 2004, 10:16 PM)
Suppenkueche. Ich glaube da war ich mal, so vor 6 Jahren. Koennte man durchaus mal machen. Mit dem Bier wird es warscheinlich ein bischen schwierig. Bin leider erst 20.

oops rolleyes.gif

hmmm, kann mich nicht daran erinnern das die jemals jemandem nach dem ausweis gefragt haben ...

aktion035.gif Andy
BatAc
So oops in german is oops?
SirAndy
QUOTE(BatAc @ Oct 11 2004, 11:08 PM)
So oops in german is oops?

yeah, you just pronounce it different ...

wink.gif Andy
hitbyastick
Einfach mal probieren.

Oops .. because if you used ups, you'd have interenational copyright trouble
seanery
I'm surprised Andy didn't spell it oopsch laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 12 2004, 06:41 AM)
I'm surprised Andy didn't spell it oopsch laugh.gif

i'm not "schwäbisch" ...

biggrin.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.