Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel strainer (sock)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RonnieJ
What is the procedure for changing the fuel strainer (sock). Thanks
Black914_4
Have to pull the tank.
Unscrew the nut, pull the sock and put a new one on.
Best to go ahead and change the washers also while your there.
Might want to do new fuel hoses also while your there if you havent yet.

I was just up in your neck of the woods this week. Flew up to SouthField to do a computer system install. Just got home yesterday.
RonnieJ
Thanks, Hopefully I can get by just picking up on the passengar side and doing it that way.

QUOTE(Black914_4 @ May 18 2012, 07:54 PM) *

Have to pull the tank.
Unscrew the nut, pull the sock and put a new one on.
Best to go ahead and change the washers also while your there.
Might want to do new fuel hoses also while your there if you havent yet.

I was just up in your neck of the woods this week. Flew up to SouthField to do a computer system install. Just got home yesterday.

TheCabinetmaker
Save youre self the grief. Empty the tank and pull it. The hoses underneath should be changed too if they havent been already. Ethanol will eat the inside of the hose and cause damage to the fi system, or even cause the hose to rupture.
Black914_4
It's really not that hard. Pull ur line at the filter and let the gas run into a gas jug.
Couple bolts and the tank just lifts out. A little awkward to handle but not too bad.
Just cut the gas lines since your going to replace them anyways. Make the new lines longer for next time.
If you need washers I still have a couple extra.
cliffordbf
QUOTE(vsg914 @ May 18 2012, 08:31 PM) *

Save youre self the grief. Empty the tank and pull it. The hoses underneath should be changed too if they havent been already. Ethanol will eat the inside of the hose and cause damage to the fi system, or even cause the hose to rupture.

We did this most recently on mine (2-3 weeks ago). It was much easier to maneuver the tank out with 4 hands instead of 2, but definitely doable. It is worlds easier to do with the tank out and on a bench or table.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.