Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine's ready to fire up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
Finished and tested all of the stuff needed to get the engine to go. The starter turns it over and I've got oil pressure. The ignition sparks and it's stactic timed to 12 degrees BTDC. The fuel pump pumps fuel. I'm all set. smilie_pokal.gif

But I'm not gonna start it until we can celebrate. Next Saturday around 4 PM at my place. Anybody who's planning to come let me know so we have enough food chowtime.gif and beer. drunk.gif Wives and GF's always welcome. boldblue.gif

Dave

Here's a map
J P Stein
You're really into tempting fate, eh Dave?
It might be fun just to come and watch you sweat laugh.gif
Rocky
Just myself Dave. See ya at 4:00. beerchug.gif

Tim
914werke
Flyin back form Santa Barbara Fri. night but Ill make it out.
How early? cool_shades.gif
DOH! wacko.gif 4PM No sweat beerchug.gif
DNHunt
Rich, Rocky it'll be good to see you guys here. JP I hope you can make it. There's plenty of sweatin goin on. I found a couple of oil leaks tonight. 2 pushrod seals and the taco plate.

Here the engine on my homemade test stand. Minus carbs cause Kevin's bringin them.

Dave
Trekkor
Congrats!

Looks familiar.

Have a party party.gif

KT
SirAndy
doesn't jake have engine-blow-up parties as well from time to time?
party.gif

j/k! looks schweet!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
Jake Raby
I'd send it to hell proudly.... It has too many cylinders anyway boldblue.gif
Trekkor
o-u-c-h.... <_<

KT
Aaron Cox
2270/4 prolly puts out mo powa than youre six.

maybe he's compensating for something rolleyes.gif w00t.gif laugh.gif
2-OH!
Dave:

Me and the Boss will be there...

See ya @ 4...

2-OH!
Rocky
Where's the exhaust Dave confused24.gif Im suseptable to headachs unless plied with beer and tequila. happy11.gif

I love the smell of a fresh engine in the evening...smells like...money.

Tim
dinomium
Dave!
I just received the ok to attend since Shane helped me work on the bathroom this past weekend!
I am trying to get Christine to come along.
as Flounder once said
OH BOY This is GONNA be great!
rhodyguy
see you around 1:00. have a spot open in the garage for my car. so we don't have to pull the carbs in the rain. wink.gif

kevin
reverie
I don't think I can make it, Dave... it's my Mom's 77th birthday on Saturday, and I have to be in Everett at 4:30 for our family celebration. Dinner, cake, wine, and lots of laughs.

But I'll be missing out. For me, your engine fire-up party would be a fun and memorable hoot of a time, and also an opportunity for a refresher course on carburetors!!

Mmm, open exhaust. Don't forget your earplugs. biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(reverie @ Oct 13 2004, 10:05 AM)

Mmm, open exhaust. Don't forget your earplugs. biggrin.gif

WHAT????

Hey, your mom has a birthday every year. Dave only does one motor in a lifetime.

Geoff monkeydance.gif
reverie
WHAT???? laugh.gif

Yeah, I know...
Bleyseng
Mmm, Steak....

Mmmm, Beer....

beerchug.gif
reverie
Leffe?.. perhaps a pre-party sample?

I could stay until 3:00.. no, 3:30. smile.gif
DNHunt
Roger

Kevin is coming about 1 to put his carbs on the new engine. You're sure welcome to come and help. I'm pretty sure most everyone else is coming around 4. I don't have any Leffe but I can dig up some kind of decent brew.

Dave
Bleyseng
I'll run by the only store I know to get some Leffe ($11 a six pack) if you are gonna show up Roger.
Monique and I are coming sometime around 4pm maybe a little earlier. I can't remember how to work on carbs as it was so long ago....

Geoff rolleyes.gif
reverie
I'll be gone by then, but you'll see evidence of my being there... a Mahle wheel for RichD.
I have to leave before the action starts, but I'll probably hear it just before I hit warp speed. Kevin's super-potent start-up powder is actually rhody fertilizer. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.