Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ON REFLECTION?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Strudelwagon
I installed euro tail lights and noticed that the rear signal lights look illuminated when the parking light are on.
Is this normal or am I missing a reflector??? Something isn't right!
Click to view attachment

Thanks
Steve
speed metal army
Its those crappy euro lenses..Ill relieve you of those burdensome things and give you some US lenses(Nice ones) for my trouble! rolleyes.gif
Car looks cool Strudel.
effutuo101
There is a small bulb on the very outside that iluminates when the driving lights are on. In plug or solder the wire to the turn signal.
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ May 18 2012, 10:14 PM) *

There is a small bulb on the very outside that iluminates when the driving lights are on. In plug or solder the wire to the turn signal.

Sorry but What?
I'm trying to figure out if i'm missing some sort of reflector or blind that stops the little side parking light from illuminating the turn signal. The signal main bulb isn't on, it just picks up light from the parking light.
Click to view attachment

Maybe that just the way it is? confused24.gif
Cairo94507
I believe that is the way it is intended.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Strudelwagon @ May 19 2012, 08:38 AM) *
Maybe that just the way it is? confused24.gif

I thought there was a divider between the two bulbs ...
idea.gif
effutuo101
With ao an spec tail lights remove the very small light on the far left. You can put in a small piece of sheet metal/ plastic to isolate the light.
Strudelwagon
Here's what I mean!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
speed metal army
Strudel,I can see the teeny light on the edge...Its illuminated no?Pull it or love it! biggrin.gif
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(speed metal army @ May 19 2012, 10:48 PM) *

Strudel,I can see the teeny light on the edge...Its illuminated no?Pull it or love it! biggrin.gif

Ya, the piss off is that it lights up the whole signal light and looks like I screwed up the wiring. ar15.gif
Fixed now with a little friend in the duct tape family "foil tape"
Click to view attachment

I made some little foil tape pockets to shield the light getting into the signal side and SHAZAAM!
Click to view attachment
and now it looks like the Germans wanted it to look.
Click to view attachment

Fixed
SW
Cairo94507
OK; I like that.
PancakePorsche
Remove the small bulbs and pull out the reflex inserts that are glued in. There is a cutout in the outside reflector to allow main turn signal bulb to side illuminate the amber lens.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.