Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to remove wiper assembly?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
davesprinkle
So I need to remove my wiper assembly. It looks like the tank and fresh air plenum have to come out first. Can anyone confirm this? Is it possible to remove the fresh air plenum with the tank in place?

Thanks.
-dave
ClayPerrine
You have to pull the fresh air blower out of the car.

And to do that, you have to remove the gas tank.

Have fun putting the fresh air blower back. The cable installation is a b1tch!
toolguy
Pull the tank, good chance to change the lower hoses and look at the pan. . You might consider removing the hood first. . it's only four bolts and makes access so much easier. . . just put some masking tape around where the bolts and hinge plate go and carefully mark their position. . that will make aligning the hood easier when you put it back on. .

Mark all the heater control cables on the duct assemblies if you need to remove so you know where they go back and pull the center blower box. Then the wiper assembly. . . watch the electrical connectors when wiggling things around. . . nothing real difficult, just take your time. . . it seemed to me that the blower box and the wiper assembly is sort of like a Chinese puzzle. . there was a lot of wiggling and turning to get it to slide in and out without bending and breaking parts. .

Who know what treasures you can find under the tank. . that's where lose tools often fall. .
914werke
Dont forget the Rubber isolater mount that is accessed from inside the cabin & under the dash.
Take off the hood, dont mess around, your back will thank you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.