Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where did Mueller's six go?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
What happened? Just as I'm trying to talk a friend into buying the car, it disappeared. No sign of it's existence left on the board. Now my friend thinks I was seeing things, kind of like a UFO, or in this case UF6.
Gint
I'd would like to see the nailed thread with all of the pics come back. MDB2.gif
rick 918-S
Just as I came on the board tonight I saw a reduced price post. I read another thread first, when I came back to the list The Mueller6 was gone. Lock, stock & barrel. Someone got a great deal.
MarkV
Mueller had a six? Did it run? cool_shades.gif
Brad Roberts
I deleted the threads.

Everyone who starts a thread can delete it at any time.

B
Mueller
I'll I can say is it's going out of state sad.gif
L8Apex
I'm sad and I didn't even get to see it! Atleast I know the history. biggrin.gif
krk
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 9 2003, 09:16 PM)
I'll I can say is it's going out of state sad.gif

Hm... Mike's trying not to say it went to Italy. But I'm under *no* such constraint. It's probably a surprise to most of us at the swap meet, but we watched 17 drive by -- distracted by the building alarms set off by Brad's tube car. The sport that's been played on us all is that the Meuller /6 and the 916 17 are in fact the same car. I can only say, in hind sight, that using the tube car and the port-a-potties as camafloge was brilliant. Even the story of a rusty car attributed to Jenny was tossed in to add an air of authenticity. The Robers/Meuller charade is worthy of something that, maybe our children will, if we save this web site, be able to decode. Where 17 really was? What did the dude in Italy really buy? Only history will tell.

tgif.
seanery
ok, call me blind, stupid, whatever,
but is the above story true?!?

methinks not, but, wow, that would be a classic!
krk
QUOTE(seanery @ May 11 2003, 10:56 PM)
ok, call me blind, stupid, whatever,
but is the above story true?!?

methinks not, but, wow, that would be a classic!

tongue.gif

The story should have ended with instructions -- read this out loud, in your best Rod Serling voice, and the last sentence should read "Fact of Fiction? You decide".

Since Mike hasn't denied anything, I'm sticking to my version!

mueba.gif

kim.
914werke
Ok then, was it at least a list member?
Chris H.
Didn't Mike Z get it?
Joe Bob
Nope....Brad got mad at me because I low balled him. Not like I buy and sell cars as a hobby/side job or nothing..... rolleyes.gif

If he got 8500 for it....great. I would have just finished it and re-sold it. My last one (914/6) I bought for 7,000.00, did the interior, added some engine mods, painted it and got 14,500.00. Amazing what you can do on credit cards....made a few bucks....paid my mortgage for two months.

Guy picked it up with his wife and drove all the way home to Texas....
boxstr
Wait just one minute here. You sell these cars and "make" money??
CCLINGRAYCAMP
Joe Bob
Yup.....the only one I lost my butt on was the Rocket.....put WAY too much $$$ into that puppy.

But it was a learning experience....

I look at it this way, I drove a modern drive trained 914/6 conversion....beat the shit out of it and had LOT'S of fun.....the loss can be attributed to buying a new car and having it lose value.

I ALSO did not have to worry about some dork with more money than brains showing up along side me with the same car.....
JWest
Why all the secrecy? Maybe "Dr." George bought it and Brad doesn't want to admit it?
Mueller
I believe in letting the new owner decide if he or she wants everyone knowing what they have purchased
Brad Roberts
Nothing is set in stone.

B
Lawrence
Exactly, Mike.

Besides, I've bought and sold cars to friends. As long as things go smoothly, it's cool.

If things get #!%&ed up, it can get ugly and ruin a friendship.

-Rusty
JWest
But it IS fun to speculate and make up X-file stories about it as long as we don't know!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.