Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nut for front trunk hinge shoulder bolt?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shuie
What is the proper nut for the shoulder bolt that holds the front trunk hinge together. I checked PET and they don't even list a part number for it. Is it a standard M8 bolt that I can get at the hardware store? Also, from the FWIW department, the front hinge shoulder bolt has the same part number (914.512.191.10) as the bolt that is used on the rear trunk hinge.

Does anyone have a pic of what this threads into on the other side of the hinge?

Here is a picture of the bolt from another thread:

TIA

IPB Image

Dave_Darling
I thought it was welded onto the hinge bracket--that part that always tears out and needs to be replaced.

--DD
shuie
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 19 2012, 01:11 PM) *

I thought it was welded onto the hinge bracket--that part that always tears out and needs to be replaced.

--DD

Thats what I was wondering since PET doesn't show a nut. The hood came off of this car while it was being driven at some point, so the hinge probably broke then.

The mounting plate for the hinge was still attached to the body. I sourced the other half of the hinge from ebay and stole a shoulder bolt from my broken rear hinge when I switch to the JWest kit. Jeez... every hinge on this car is broken.

Any chance you have pics that show the repair of the front hinge?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.