Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 and 914 interchangeable parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
patssle
I have a '74 911 (a project - not a completed car) that is going to be a donor to my 914 with its 3.0L engine. As I'm trying to sell it or maybe part it out if need be - are there any parts on it that I should think about keeping for the 914?

I am keeping the engine, transmission, steering wheel, tach, and oil gauge for sure.

I do know the entire front suspension and some of the rear are interchangeable - but I'm happy with my 4 lug Mahle wheel setup - taking a 5 lug/flares route isn't high on the list. From what I've read, stock 914 brakes are more than adequate for a street car.

Is there anything else that I'm missing that is transferable to the 914?
1973-914-2L
PM me if you want to sell the front suspension ..... I need to do a five lug on my Beck wide bodied car ....

Thanks,
Steve
Cupomeat
Well, There are things that directly transfer and things that could transfer.

For example, the whole dash on a 911 could fit on a 914 if you make minor modifications (like your 3.0l motor).

But, the interior, front trunk, etc has no transference possibilities.
patssle
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ May 19 2012, 08:12 PM) *

Well, There are things that directly transfer and things that could transfer.

For example, the whole dash on a 911 could fit on a 914 if you make minor modifications (like your 3.0l motor).

But, the interior, front trunk, etc has no transference possibilities.

Yeah, I've seen some people do the dash too. I'm going more towards parts that I should keep as a backup to my 914 (like the 915 tranny is going to be a backup to my 901). Which the front suspension and rear hubs would qualify for. Just curious if there was anything else - if I'm missing anything.

I will keep you in mind Steve.
pcar916
I'd keep fasteners, connectors, bulbs and wiring that are still in good shape. It's sometimes hard to maintain the color-codes except from old harnesses. I don't remember if the lock tumblers are the same but they may be handy one day as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.