Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dizzy ground wire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
I have a broken dizzy wire, can I use a sudering gun to fix it or do I need a special tool?
rmital
QUOTE(914itis @ May 20 2012, 09:50 AM) *

I have a broken dizzy wire, can I use a sudering gun to fix it or do I need a special tool?

...was this an existing condition maybe causing your high rpm studdering??
and yes, I've read before someone using a soldering iron/gun to fix the ground wire.
type47
QUOTE(914itis @ May 20 2012, 05:50 AM) *

I have a broken dizzy wire, can I use a soldering gun to fix it or do I need a special tool?

Yes and I found the copper braided "wire" at Radio Shack if you need a longer length, look there
914itis
QUOTE(rmital @ May 20 2012, 09:53 AM) *

QUOTE(914itis @ May 20 2012, 09:50 AM) *

...was this an existing condition maybe causing your high rpm studdering??
and yes, I've read before someone using a soldering iron/gun to fix the ground wire.

No ray, my situation is getting worst, I went as far as replacing fuel pump, filter again , added the resistor to cht. Wilrod gave me a 2.0 dz with a broken ground, I also borrowed an ecu with harness from him to try to solve the issue.
Cap'n Krusty
The copper ground wire is welded to the breaker plate, not soldered. You're gonna find it extremely difficult to get it to stick, IME. The plate sucks away whatever heat you apply before the connection can be made. Your best bet is to find a good plate.

The Cap'n
cary
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 20 2012, 07:18 AM) *

The copper ground wire is welded to the breaker plate, not soldered. You're gonna find it extremely difficult to get it to stick, IME. The plate sucks away whatever heat you apply before the connection can be made. Your best bet is to find a good plate.

The Cap'n

Ditto on the Cap'n comments. I tried once. A no go.
Java2570
QUOTE(cary @ May 20 2012, 10:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 20 2012, 07:18 AM) *

The Cap'n

Ditto on the Cap'n comments. I tried once. A no go.

Yep, listen to the Cap'n; I had a broken ground braid I tried to repair with solder 2x and it gave way both times to heat and vibration. Just get a new or good used plate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.