Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: accelerator rod 6 vs 4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixaddict
Getting ready to reinstall 6 after having it out for 18 + months
Missing accel rod...Hate to say but dont know if six and four are different. Help please ....
Terry
bcheney
QUOTE(sixaddict @ May 20 2012, 05:42 PM) *

Getting ready to reinstall 6 after having it out for 18 + months
Missing accel rod...Hate to say but dont know if six and four are different. Help please ....
Terry

Terry,

They are different. Here is a pic of everything needed for a six conversion. Rich Johnson makes these parts.....- 914-6 accelerator linkage kits for carbs., MFI, CIS or DME - $325.00 - $375.00a. I am posting a link to his stuff as well. What project do you have going? I am working on a six conversion right now.

Link to Rich Johnson parts

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=4319
shoguneagle
Rich Johnson has some of the best conversion parts and he is one great guy to talk to regarding the sixer. The throttle plate on the engine has to be reversed and guess what - Rich has them.

I am using his entire conversion parts: throttle kit, throttle plate changes, motor mount, etc. All well engineered.

Steve
sixaddict
Thanks guys ....Its a 74 with a 2.7 RS spec engine. I pulled the engine to use in my GT replica because it had a "noise"......Decided since engine was out I would refinish engine bay. For many reasons (none of which rationalizes timeline) it is just going back in and now I can find the accel rod...Once I buy it the old one will materialize ...Afraid what you told me was the case so I guess I call Rich.
headbang.gif
Cracker
Terry - Are you running the 2.7 in the Green Machine at Road Atlanta?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.