Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
My triple throat Webers on Franky sneeze and cough while at mid range cruise speed. They sound fine at idle and WOT.....

Any ideas?
Rusty
Allergies?
Toast
Is one of your venturies clogged or got fine dust in it?
confused24.gif Just a thought.
Joe Bob
Nah...Frank's had all his shots.... :finger2:
SLITS
Oh, pharts at midrange just like you - one of the family.
Toast
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 11 2004, 10:08 AM)
Oh, pharts at midrange just like you - one of the family.

Damit Slits! Dont encourage him to post of picture of his ass.
icon8.gif
Aaron Cox
are they sync'd perfect left to right? mains to small/large?
J P Stein
QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 11 2004, 09:04 AM)
My triple throat Webers on Franky sneeze and cough while at mid range cruise speed. They sound fine at idle and WOT.....

Any ideas?

Sure, lots of em'. biggrin.gif

If by mid range you mean 2500-3500 rpms, you're still on the idle circuit or transitioning to the main circuit.....a typical problem for Webers. The "cure" (assuming all else is right) is to richen the idle circuit. Then you're over rich and have other problems which you then have to cure.....which is doable.

All this is pretty general cause you were pretty general with your discription....no details like ignition system, cams, jet sizes, motor size......how the carbs were tuned....float level checks, balancing (the biggest single item that is screwed up...IMO).

Anyone that has a good running 9eleben motor with Webers has gone thru this or hired it done.
Long distance tuning is a bitch.
HarveyH
Remember, wacko.gif the idle jets control your mixture from just off-idle to 3000 - 3500 RPM. The idle mixture screws adjust the mixture only at static idle, so you can get a decent static idle mixture and still have jets that are too rich or lean for low and mid-range running. Of course since the main jets tend to control the range from about 2800 RPM up, (notice the overlap) changing the idle jets may make it necessary to change your mains. headbang.gif Air correction jets further modify the fuel delivery curve from about 4000 RPM and up, and emulsion tubes are some mystical force of nature that do magic.
I need a beer beer3.gif
Harvey
Toast
agree.gif with HarveyH
J P Stein
As I suspected, he's also posted this Q on the 9eleben birdboard......and hasn't collected so much BS biggrin.gif
HarveyH
When it comes to 914's, we know our BS
Harvey jester.gif
givory
Mike - I had a similar problem with my 40 IDA's. I was pushing fuel through a dirty filter, clogging one or two idle jets regularly. Seemed to go weak just where the idle jets handed-off to the mains. A shot of compressed air worked for me.
Gavin
Joe Bob
Thanks givory....

BTW, JP...no answers either....at least any worth a shit. givemebeer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.