Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look what followed me home today - Little OT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
Click to view attachment
This should be fun. It's a '68, older resto, clean pans, black plate Fasty. I test drove it after driving the 6, it's ssssllllooooowwww. But I like it. Needs a few little odds and ends, but will eventually be getting a 2.0 TIV engine, with all the FI.
euro911
QUOTE(Mike D. @ May 20 2012, 09:59 PM) *
This should be fun. ...
Nice find, Mike.

I never was a fan of fastbacks way back when. I liked the 'notches' and the Variant wagens more, but I've come to like the fastback's looks - some 40+ years later blink.gif
1973-914-2L
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 20 2012, 10:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike D. @ May 20 2012, 09:59 PM) *
This should be fun. ...
Nice find, Mike.

I never was a fan of fastbacks way back when. I liked the 'notches' and the Variant wagens more, but I've come to like the fastback's looks - some 40+ years later blink.gif

Looks just like the one mom and dad had when I was little .. except it was orange ... Is that one marked in the back as a Variant ??

Just my opinion ... Friggin' awesome ...

I had a similar thing a few months back but it was a 914 that followed my 911 home ...

Steve
murphys
Nice! I bet that cars inspires a lot of smiles, waves and thumbs up. Great find.
JawjaPorsche
In 1973, I traded my 68 blue fastback in for my 73 914. The dealer gave me $350 trade-in value!
hot_shoe914
aktion035.gif I think you should name it Fonzi because that is a cool car. I like it, Fonzi the Fastback! shades.gif
rwilner
Love that color, is that a factory color?
Scott S
it's a 911 - with tail fins!
Love it! beerchug.gif
Vysoc
I like it .....really brings back so many memories. Install a 2.0 in there and you could make it quite a bit of instant fun.........you can see so much history in the style very neat.

It had to be hard to walk away from I would have bought it too!!!

Vysoc flag.gif
Sport
Nice. I always liked them.

IPB Image

IPB Image
strawman
Cool, I had a '66 Fasty in college and recently picked up a '69 Squareback. They're slow but very cool. I like the idea of a Type IV engine, and will begin looking for one after I finally get my 'teener running. Best of luck with that car!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.