Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrholland2
HI all,

So, both headlights work on low beam, drivers doesn't on high beam. Sometimes the passenger is sluggish to come on on high beam. What things do I check in what order?

Thanks
Sean
pcar916
1st. Do you know for sure that both bulbs are good on the bright circuit?

2nd. Unless you've done it already, go through all of your connections from the fuse box to the lights and clean any corrosion. Without clean connectors you're fighting an assumption.

3. Next look into the relay and make sure it's working.

Not much more to check

Good luck!
mrholland2
QUOTE(pcar916 @ May 21 2012, 06:53 AM) *

1st. Do you know for sure that both bulbs are good on the bright circuit?

2nd. Unless you've done it already, go through all of your connections from the fuse box to the lights and clean any corrosion. Without clean connectors you're fighting an assumption.

3. Next look into the relay and make sure it's working.

Not much more to check

Good luck!

1. New bulbs functioning just like the old bulbs

2. Other than the plugs onto the lights, where are these connections? I"ll refer to the shop manual for which fuses to look at.

3. I have yet to find any relays, where should I be looking?

Thanks
Dave_Darling
The stock high/low relay is on top of the fuse panel.

Any time lights are "sluggish", I suspect the grounds. I had one bad headlight ground, so the light that used it grounded through the other light. The light on the bad ground took a moment longer to come on than the one on the good ground, and was dimmer.

--DD
mrholland2
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 21 2012, 07:40 AM) *

The stock high/low relay is on top of the fuse panel.

Any time lights are "sluggish", I suspect the grounds. I had one bad headlight ground, so the light that used it grounded through the other light. The light on the bad ground took a moment longer to come on than the one on the good ground, and was dimmer.

--DD

The low beams work perfectly, it is the switch from low to high that is sluggish on the passenger side and goes out completely on the driver's side. Sorry I was unclear.
76-914
If one hi beam is working, I would believe the relay is good. Check fuse 1 & 2 conductivity. Then check the jumper from 1-2. Check ground junction behind drivers side headlamp. beerchug.gif
VaccaRabite
Each light has its own fuse, high beam and low beam. Fuses 1-4 IIRC... Check there to start, and then relays.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.