Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do ya get this thing off?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sport
How do you remove the cylindrical shaped thing from the ball? Does it just pull off or is there a circlip (I couldn't see one) or something that needs to be removed first? Are there replacement cylindrical things for sale anywhere?

IPB Image
ConeDodger
Just grab it with a vise grip and pull. You're going to replace it anyway right?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 21 2012, 04:13 PM) *

Just grab it with a vise grip and pull. You're going to replace it anyway right?

Replacements available through GPR or German Parts and Restoration in the Central Coast area of California. Be sure to call them, there are a number of other bushings that should be replaced at the same time...
Valy
Fit an open wrench the size of the ball over that cylinder and hit the wrench with the hammer smash.gif
Cap'n Krusty
That cup looks fine to me, but I don't think I've ever seen a shift console that trashed ............................

The Cap'n
Sport
Thanks for the replies.
Dr Evil
Do you need another housing? I have them.
Thestigz06
pull.
reharvey
That shifter housing is trashed. Better find another one.
Sport
QUOTE(Dr%2520Evil @ May 21 2012, 07:03 PM) *

Do you need another housing? I have them.

Thanks for the offer but I just did this replacement yesterday (the pic is of the old one).
Dr Evil
Good. As long as you have a workable one, all is well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.