Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKlahoma People
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cliffordbf
Where are all of the Oklahomans on here?
I have met a few people with 914's around Tulsa, but where is everyone else? I know there are more than 4 people with 914's here!
I want to go on some group drives and hang out with some other enthusiasts. driving.gif driving.gif
eyesright
In Lawton.

Have a '70 on jackstands being converted to a 2.2 /6, a '76 on jackstands, just painted, ready to drop the engine, and a '72 daily driver, tho I haven't strayed too far from home with it.

Weekends are too busy for everybody to meet because.....they are all on jackstands getting worked on. Passed on a chance to buy a good '73 2.2/6 conversion down in Dallas about 10 years ago. Nice guy, great car...kicking myself still! I could be driving to SE OK on weekends instead of knucklebusting.

A small group met in OKC a couple of months ago after a posting here so they will show up as soon as their bosses aren't watching. I had to drive my MR-2. I got 3 names and phones.

A&PGirl
Tulsa.

Are you the guy with the 914 at the Storage Station at BA & Yale? Or are you the guy in the Yellow Car that was going E bound from the 1-44/2-44 split on 1-44 Tues morning 2 weeks ago?
cliffordbf
I'm in Tulsa.

My car has been in the garage for almost a year until a month or so ago when Curt pray.gif assisted me in bringing it back to life. It is light ivory(for now). If it does come out of the garage, it is in and around south tulsa and on its way to Curt's towards the north side of town.

In the garage a few weeks ago
IPB Image
kerensky
I'm in Norman. There's a couple of us in the OKC area that are on the list. I also hang with the watercooled VW/Audi crowd around here.
kerensky
Sad how threads get strangled when I post in 'em...
IanS
I'm in Edmond, but don't have a running 914. I have a '71 currently in disassembly and a '72 that is on the back burner with some issues.
But I'd love to meet other 914 people if there's a get together.
cliffordbf
I'm not sure if theres a different way to go about setting up a meet, but I think it would be fun to get a group together and either meet somewhere and have a meal or just meet somewhere and hang out for a bit. Always good to see other enthusiasts!
TheCabinetmaker
Ian, I met you at Toby Keiths, correct?

Cliff, we had two get togethers in okc. I could not attend the second. We were going to have another in tulsa, it just didnt happen. I suggest maybe a gathering in the Stroud area, half way for every one.
kerensky
Just sweeping the crickets outta this thread...
kerensky
QUOTE(kerensky @ May 25 2012, 08:36 AM) *

Just sweeping the crickets outta this thread...

Honestly, is it me? *sniff sniff* o.O
cliffordbf
Sorry, its been quite a weekend/week. We should have another meet since there have only been 2. Thoughts?
Maybe a BBQ meet? chowtime.gif
IanS
QUOTE(vsg914 @ May 24 2012, 06:39 AM) *

Ian, I met you at Toby Keiths, correct?

Cliff, we had two get togethers in okc. I could not attend the second. We were going to have another in tulsa, it just didnt happen. I suggest maybe a gathering in the Stroud area, half way for every one.

Huh, I just now got notified of updates to this thread so sorry for my late reply.
Curt I don't think we've ever met. I would be down for a get together however or wherever.

I have been to Stroud with the BMW club before the Rock Cafe burned down and was rebuilt. I live right off Rte 66 so anything in between Tulsa and OKC is fine with me.
snakemain
I'm in Edmond for another 4 weeks, then moving to St Louis.
cliffordbf
Anyone up for an impromptu meet the 8th to the 10th (Friday to Sunday) for a lunch/early dinner?
kerensky
QUOTE(cliffordbf @ May 31 2012, 04:36 PM) *

Anyone up for an impromptu meet the 8th to the 10th (Friday to Sunday) for a lunch/early dinner?

Hrm. I've gotta pick up my son and several other stinky boy scouts bright and early Sunday morning in Talihina on the 10th. Dinner on the 9th might be doable...
jt914-6
I've got a friend in Lawton who has a 914 she'd like to sell. I'm not sure of the condition and it hasn't ran for several years. Not sure if it is in rebuild condition or be good for a parts car... PM me if interested and I'll get her location/phone number...
MBowman325
Curt I think that was Andy you're thinking about.

If we're not out of town that weekend, I think we would be up for a trip to Stroud that weekend.

Another set of (positive) changes happened for us, dust ahs cleared and should be around a bit more often again. (Man, that sounds familiar)
MBowman325
QUOTE(snakemain @ May 30 2012, 03:54 PM) *

I'm in Edmond for another 4 weeks, then moving to St Louis.

Did you get your car sorted out and heading south for your move east?
snakemain
I haven't even messed with it. Bought a few more parts, but that's about it.

New house has a bigger garage, so if I can find somebody there to do the body work, I should have plenty of space to start reassembling everything myself. smile.gif
MBowman325
I should be calling up some strippers this week. (Wait, that doesn't sound right)

There's a dry ice blasting place in Stroud I think and a few commercial soda blasting crews within reach. Since I'm close enough to a bare tub, once the rust is fixed, gonna make it pretty again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.