Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: possibly the largest wheel to wheel 914 event ever held
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
I'm trying to gather racers for a special fall event.
we would love to have all of the Oklahoma guys show up too

the CVAR club has fall races at Hallet Raceway in October
the administration would allow a special 914 or 914/911 run group if enough cars commit.

invitations are out, and there may be over 15 914's running in this race group.
this is possibly the largest wheel to wheel 914 event that has ever been held to my knowledge.... (I'm not sure if 15 teeners have ever raced together before)

If any 914 racers (or even early 911 racers) would be able to attend please let me know. I can provide tons of details, but the short version is that this is a VERY fun track with a VERY fun bunch of racers.

I'm hoping to meet a bunch of the Oklahoma teener guys.
maybe we can pull together a lunch bbq or something

feel free to ask questions or pm as well
brant
eyesright
I've been to Hallett a number of times. The Hallett people are friendly and accommodating and the October weather is usually beautiful.

For those who aren't familiar with them, they usually have a Porsche weekend each year. Checkout the website and see in car videos on YouTube.

I'll plan on being there tho as a spectator or for HST. This is great news.
Woody
They have a spec 914 class at Harris Hill Road in San Marcos Tx. You may want to hit them up.
A&PGirl
Do you know if they'll still let people out on the track in the break during Morning & Afternoon? idea.gif

Where would the BBQ be held? I know a place local to get ribs/steak/patties/pork ribs, etc. farm fresh to cook.
brant
Woody,

do you know anyone in the club
I don't have contact info

I think CVAR wants liscensed drivers with logbooked cars
I'm not sure how they would want to handle a track membership group
I think the track members would have to ask the CVAR administration directly for authorization. Do you know any contact info?

Carrie,
that sounds neat.
but I was going to stay simple
I just thought I would drag a bbq out in my truck and cook bratts or something from the pit. A head count when the time comes would help but maybe we could pot luck the sides?

brant
Woody
Unfortunately I do not have their contact info but I will be up there doing a DE on June 2. I would be more than happy to spread the word. I believe we have a member on world, Consolidated, that runs in that group. I seriously doubt any of their cars are logbooked.
kerensky
Sounds like a fun event, Hallett is a neat track. I remember watching Paul Newman race SCCA there back in the mid 80's. My 914 won't be in attendance, though maybe I'll bring her back some pictures! smile.gif
Hummm I know Shoe has his heart set on KY this year for MUSR but this sounds like a very intersting development???
maxwelj
I'll come watch!
Andyrew
WCR 2005 had somewhere north of 70 914's racing in 3 run groups @ Streets of Willow. If I remember correctly smile.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(7275914911 @ May 22 2012, 02:40 PM) *

Hummm I know Shoe has his heart set on KY this year for MUSR but this sounds like a very intersting development???

Doesn't matter to me, my cars are shit anyway so I can drive an ugly car anywhere.
bam914
There were 28 914's in this race. They held an all 914 race for two years I think. It is very cool to have that many out there at one time.

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Jeeze under 900 miles on way. That's almost unheard of for me. assimilate.gif Sounds interesting. What do you think Shoe?
TheCabinetmaker
I will of course be there Brant. However, hallet is 40 miles away from anywhere. I would of course lend a hand if musr was held here, but I don't feel its a good venue for this event and musr together. There are no hotels, restaurants, grocery stores, etc within 35 miles. Eastern Oklahoma has some beautiful areas, but this is not one of them. Another thing to consider is pca club racing at hallett is the weekend before.
bcheney
Brant, You may want to contact Ron Zitza of Zotz Racing here in Orlando, FL. He has quite a stable of 914/6 race cars and many customers with 914/6's. Ron races in HSR,SCCA,SVRA,PCA, and PBOC, while co-driving with many of the Zotz customers. His late dad, Harro built the motor for my six conversion. Harro Zitza started Zotz in 1959 and built engines for Zotz Racing and was a huge Porsche guy. Ron Zitza, has been working on and racing Porsches for over 35 years. He was entered in the Savannah race back in 1995 and recorded the fastest lap!

Shop phone 407-294-0024. Websites:

www.zotzinc.com

www.zotzracing.com
A&PGirl
You could base MUSR out of Stillwater, OK. Lower all around tax. Plenty of Hotels/Motels, food and gas. About 30-45mins to Hallet, 30-45mins to OKC, and about an 1hr-1 hr 30mins to Tulsa. Driving options are up around Tonkawa around the river, the area between Skiatook Lake-Hominy-Barnsdall-Pawhuska area with the pitstop in Pawhuska, and others.

Things to See:

The National Wrestling Hall of Fame & Museum is in Stillwater on the OSU campus.
Tailgrass Prairie Reserve in Pawhuska, OK.
If you wanted to wonder up towards Bartlesville, you could stop at Woolaroc and see real live Buffalo.
Conoco Museum up in Ponca City, OK
brant
ok...
we are not going to beat that Blake
so we will just have to do the best we can
I missed WCC (would have been fun) but I don't think that was a Wheel to wheel event.

thanks for the numbers and I'll make some calls.

To the ramble organizers... I am not trying to butt in to anything on that wonderful event. I like all of the idea's but am not trying to take anything over..... I just want to go racing with 15 close friends in other teeners and maybe grill some bratts with friends.

brant
TheCabinetmaker
There will be several 914 track cars at octoberfast, but it might be hard to get those guys back the following weekend
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.