Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Man I got the -6 was really moving today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharpOld
And so it begins. The rescue of number 970. wub.gif This is going to take a long time and alot of money, but thats what I do. biggrin.gif I moved the car from the back yard to the garage. driving.gif
Aaron Cox
finally joe rolleyes.gif

jk.

PS: didnt get around to making my GT lid yesterday sad.gif
JoeSharpOld
Stop paying attention to this board and you might even finish college. biggrin.gif
Joe
Aaron Cox
done with classes for the day. shouldnt you be working? :finger2: huh.gif
JoeSharpOld
You had to go to school, isn't this a holiday? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Joe
P.S. They paid me to stay home today.
bob174
Where's the car?
Rusty
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Oct 11 2004, 05:29 PM)
And so it begins. The rescue of number 970. wub.gif This is going to take a long time and alot of money, but thats what I do. biggrin.gif I moved the car from the back yard to the garage. driving.gif

OMG. ohmy.gif

Even I wouldn't touch that.
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif pray.gif

another one saved! you made my day!
boldblue.gif Andy
nebreitling
you're totally insane to restore that car.

HAVE FUN, AND GOOD LUCK! beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Oct 11 2004, 04:08 PM)

what's wrong with you people ???? confused24.gif

that car actually doesn't look that bad at all, you just haven't been around cars long enough to see the difference ...

he'll be having this baby back on the road in no time,
smash.gif Andy
Rusty
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 11 2004, 06:12 PM)
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Oct 11 2004, 04:08 PM)

what's wrong with you people ???? confused24.gif

< snip >

smash.gif Andy

What's wrong with me?

I can totally see what that car needs. The real issue is what can you NOT see... i.e. the battery tray side.

I'm going to buy stock in POR-15 tomorrow morning when the exchange opens.

Hopefully some folks can square him away when the next sawzall party comes around. Dude, my hat is off to ya. clap56.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
watsonrx13
Hey Joe, kinda reminds me of the one I'm working on...
SirAndy
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Oct 11 2004, 04:22 PM)
Hopefully some folks can square him away when the next sawzall party comes around.

huh? i don't get it ...

the fender/targa side can be easily replaced, there's a complete repair piece just for that. the rear trunk is already cut out, easy to replace as well. (i've done it myself)

i don't see *any* structural rust anywhere, the long looks just fine.
surface rust doesn't scare me, have you seen pictures of Jenny's "new" car before it was painted?

this is a original /6 and very well worth the effort. i have seen *much, much* worse cars being brought back to life.

i bet you $100 bucks you would be all over the car if it was acid dipped and had nice gray primer on it.
i don't understand why people always get so distracted by surface rust and patchy paint.
it's the metal underneath that's important.

and this tub looks pretty damm good enough to be rescued ...
smash.gif Andy
JoeSharpOld
Just after I bought this car I bought a 74 with a cleal rear clip for $50. That car came with alot of parts. And the front trunk is rust free and straight. So I already made bucks on it and haven't cut it up yet. This car came with the engine and tranny, you can see the oil tank, the throtle linkagel is there. All the hard to get parts are there. I figure a couple of years it should be looking good.
Joe

just after
Rusty
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 11 2004, 06:27 PM)
i bet you $100 bucks...

Hmmm... get an original six... acid dip and prime it... Then lets make a bet. biggrin.gif

(Can't beat that deal for $100... heheheheh)

Seriously... I've worked on worse, no doubt. Many of us have. Donor parts are the easiest way to go.

I'm not slamming Joe at all... what he's doing is VERY cool... and something I swore I'd never do again. smash.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
JoeSharpOld
I've never claimed sanity. wacko.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif I Just like the teeners and thier people. wub.gif You guys make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. This board rocks aktion035.gif you guys stick with me and we'll see this car back on the road again. burnout.gif But now it is time for givemebeer.gif err uhh Cazadora Porafavora beer3.gif
Joe
Gint
Good for you Joe, best of luck and keep the faith.

I wouldn't do it... but I'm glad to see that someone is saving it.
nebreitling
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Oct 11 2004, 03:40 PM)
I'm not slamming Joe at all... what he's doing is VERY cool...

agree.gif

the tub looks fine, but it's still gonna be an extensive project. i meant "insane" as a compliment!

it ain't no thing aktion035.gif
Bleyseng
Strip and dip it!
I can't believe "Rusty" the man who loves fixin rust don't like this car...

Geoff biggrin.gif
Lou W
Joe, glad to see you're getting closer to sarting it, I remembered the original thread from about a month and a half ago. Rob's right, won't look that much different than his once it dipped. It will all be worth it when it's done. beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Oct 11 2004, 08:09 PM)
Strip and dip it!

agree.gif
JoeSharpOld
Whats plural for you'al, thank all you all very much. I am tenatious in my resolve, I will bring number 970 back to life. It will be my pleasure to hear the webbers sing. It's just another thing. It would be my pleasure to post my progress when it happens, I will keep you informed along with my other adventures (914 of course).
Hi-jack my own thread, Rusty arn't you being prometed or something, bronze star and a returning HERO doesn't that mean a step up. I would only hope so.
Joe
Root_Werks
I would takle this car, the bones look pretty good to me from the pic. Good luck and post those progress pics! beer.gif
gopack
Hey Joe, I spent 6 years in Dallas, so i happen to know the plural of "Y'all" is "All Y'all".

Looks like a pretty extensive project. Good luck and Godspeed!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.