Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's got the earliest production 914-4 out there?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
a914luvr
We've got an early '70 914-4 in the shop right now with a VIN of 4702901418. Way back when I started into 914's my first one was a '70 with VIN 4702901992. Ya, I still remember the VIN! I don't know if that car still exists, but I got to wondering what the earliest known, existing 914-4 is.....
SirAndy
according to our 914info section (which you can reach by clicking on the link on top of each page on this website)

4702900036 bumble

followed by

4702900304 mikez

wink.gif Andy
Rusty
4702900610 just went for a thousand dollars on eBay yesterday.

eBay Ad
Rusty
I heard that number 4 was out there... but someone musta stole it.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Andyrew
We had a thread on this along long time ago... in a galaxy far away...
never mind.
nein14-6
Well you said production but this car owned by Les Handly is a preproduction car that was taken to autoshows here in the states
nein14-6
Sorry, the first picture
SirAndy
QUOTE(nein14-6 @ Oct 11 2004, 04:50 PM)
Well you said production but this car owned by Les Handly is a preproduction car that was taken to autoshows here in the states

really ??? you don't happen to know the VIN# of that car, do you?

idea.gif Andy
dmenche914
i had an early 914 (RIP) I'd like to know if others noticed differences on the early cars, such as

Muffler heat shield is screwed on, not welded.
No Gas Evap system installed.

dave
Joe Ricard
Yup lots of differences. I don't have a muffeler heat shield But that doesn't mean it didn't come with one.
Nearly no seam sealer anywhere. The big round plug in thew back trunk has seam sealer that looked like somone did it with a spatchula. I guess my car is #945 Something like 3rd or 4th oldest here. Stolen cars don't count lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.