Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 916-6 CV joint (1) one
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mr.242
I know it's a long shot, but I'm looking to buy a single CV joint for my SIX. I'm trying to win this bet of finishing my car by June 24th and this is going to take its toll.

hissyfit.gif Thanks, Mark
Click to view attachment
bcheney
I believe original NOS CV's are available from HPH in Redwood City CA. Rich has a NOS complete axle and CV's on ebay right now for $359

http://www.highperformancehouse.com

You can also get new joints that have been modified to use on 914's from Eric Shea at PMB Performance. Eric's kit for a single complete CV, boot and hardware is $89

http://www.pmbperformance.com

You can't go wrong either way!
mskala
QUOTE(bcheney @ May 23 2012, 07:13 AM) *

I believe original NOS CV's are available from HPH in Redwood City CA. Rich has a NOS complete axle and CV's on ebay right now for $359

You can also get new joints that have been modified to use on 914's from Eric Shea at PMB Performance. Eric's kit for a single complete CV, boot and hardware is $89

You can't go wrong either way!

914-6 CV's have different splines from 914-4/Beetle. He would need to get 2
and an axle.
danimal16
I think that the early 914-6 CVs were 25 spline vs. th 33 or 28. Does empi make a replacement part???

IronHillRestorations
I'm pretty sure I've got a good used one, if you want to go that route. $100 shipped to you.
bdstone914
QUOTE(danimal16 @ May 23 2012, 12:44 PM) *

I think that the early 914-6 CVs were 25 spline vs. th 33 or 28. Does empi make a replacement part???

The program shows the same axle with CV's for a -4 or -6.

I thought the -6 would have 911 CV's.

I have lots of used 914 axles with CV's/

PM me if you are interested. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Mr.242
I know I might have to run a 914-4 axle on one side or just switch both over to the 914-4 models. I will keep the hunt going for the missing CV.

I'll PM those who offered to help to find what items and how much you're selling. I need to get on the contingency plan. I don't want to get this car running and have no ability to make it GO.

Thanks EVERYONE for helping.... beerchug.gif
fasthonda
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ May 23 2012, 06:23 PM) *

I know I might have to run a 914-4 axle on one side or just switch both over to the 914-4 models. I will keep the hunt going for the missing CV.

I'll PM those who offered to help to find what items and how much you're selling. I need to get on the contingency plan. I don't want to get this car running and have no ability to make it GO.

Thanks EVERYONE for helping.... beerchug.gif

I'm pretty sure I have a used complete 914-6 axle. Let me know and I'll email you some pics.

Michael
Krieger
914/6 axles and cv had same splines as 911. I don't remember the spline count, but of course 911 cvs were bigger.
Mr.242
Lots of leads...I appreciate the PM's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.