pic 19
seanery
pic 20
seanery
pic 21
seanery
pic 22
ArtechnikA
and you taunt us with these images because ... ?
Lou W
How much did it sell for? smile.gif
seanery
...because I just fired up a computer that's been off for 2 years and had these on them. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
i like how the front spoiler actually fits with the flares, unlike the FG reproduction you can buy these days ...

<_< Andy
Rusty
That's so sexy. wub.gif
iamchappy
"Damn you Porsche".
If you had made the 916 into one of your production vehicles instead of that 924, I might have one sitting in my garage tonight.

Oh well, I guess I will have to settle for my beat up 1973 conversion 914 GT Turbo Carrera kinda sort of never ending project clone thing..
rick 918-S
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Oct 11 2004, 05:42 PM)
"Damn you Porsche".
If you had made the 916 into one of your production vehicles instead of that 924, I might have one sitting in my garage tonight.

Oh well, I guess I will have to settle for my beat up 1973 conversion 914 GT Turbo Carrera kinda sort of never ending project clone thing..

Ya, and installed the 928 V8! cool_shades.gif The world would be a different place. cool.gif
ChrisReale
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Oct 11 2004, 05:23 PM)
That's so sexy. wub.gif

I couldn't have said it better.... pray.gif
markb
drooley.gif
bob91403
I don't know if anyone noticed, but, this car has the bottom metal trim for the sail panel vinyl. Seems odd they added this item if they weren't going to put the vinyl on the car. Was this normal for the 916?
smg914
I believe most of the 916's had that chrome strip at the bottom of the sail panel. The factory must of thought it dressed the car up a little even without the vinyl.
tod914
Very nice.... and only 2,100 miles.
thesey914
wonder why the drivers door card has an elasticated door pocket and handle and the passengers is more 911?
Inside you can clearly see the windscreen mounted ariel/antenna.
i love porsche
ill own it one day.....

what color is this, its absolutely gorgeous
tod914
Gemini Blue Metalic me thinks
Joe Bob
QUOTE(tod914 @ Oct 11 2004, 09:17 PM)

To me...that's a crying shame....go drive the damn thing...... wacko.gif
mike_the_man
That car stinks... cause it's the shit! I love it! wub.gif
DNHunt
Ya gotta love that car. It's certainly the next derivative of the cars we drive and love. One can only imagine.

As it all played out, you have to wonder if Porsche made the right choice in dropping the 916 and then the 914. Certainly, at this point in time with Porsche financially sound I think it was the right choice. The 914, 916 would have led to divided loyalties and Porsche would have had a tough time developing both. They undoubtedly have to be the world's best car company at milking a basic design with the 911. As much as I would love to have a 914x that was more refined by the factory, as a business decision I believe they did the right thing. Maybe there's a passle of 916s in heaven. wub.gif

I think I'll add that to my evening prayers

Dave
smg914
QUOTE(tod914 @ Oct 11 2004, 09:17 PM)

LOL
eitnurg
Can we muster pics of all the others?

Silver/red one:
eitnurg
Silver one:
eitnurg
Black one:
eitnurg
Brown one:
eitnurg
Red one:
eitnurg
Yellow one:
eitnurg
Other blue one:
eitnurg
& white one. Any more?
Gustl
I did some 916 research a while ago
it's really difficult, find out details about theese rare cars

at the moment I'm in some discussions that may lead to more infos
my current state of info is shown at my 916 list

maybe anyone knows more about locations, owners, ...

So long,
Gustl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.