Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention MD-VA-PA-DE & ALL 914World members
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
plas76targa
piratenanner.gif It's time for another Barbeque and pool party. Our 5th year for this! beerchug.gif
Saturday August 18th - 2:00 pm to ?? Frederick, MD.

This is a family event! Bring the kids and your significant other. Dr Evil will offer swimming lessons to either one!

If you travel from afar and would rather not make the long return trip in the same day we have room for camping . There are hotels nearby too.

So come on all you 914-ers in Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, New Jersey, New York, and West Virginia (and further?)! Newbies welcome!

Last year we weathered a hurricane and had only one 914 show up. Let's hope for dry weather and sunshine this year.

Food&Drink:
we'll provide the pulled pork, baked beans, plates & utensils, cups & napkins, tea & Lemonaide.
Please sign up for:
- Kaiser rolls or other sandwich rolls -
- Greens or tossed salad -
- Pasta Salad
- Tedman5, wifes famous pasta salad
- Flipb - more pasta salad (a little competition with the noodles shouldn't hurt)
- Fruit bowl or platter -
- Soft drinks - Bob Hill (Saigon 71)
- desert: cake, brownies or ice cream:
- Kevin Barnes, brownies
- Mepstein, peanut butter cakes
- fried chicken (for those who might not enjoy pork)
- your own favorite offering

- your favorite six pack just in case.

Who's attending:
BajaXJ92 - Adam
VaccaRabite - Zach and part or all Family
914itis
Scotti
STruckin
Tedman5 and JWHCars
Dr Evil, Noel, and ??? in the oven
TYPE47 - Jim
Zymurgist - Ken, brining Key Lime Pie (what, no brew?)
Scotty B - day tripping due to dog knapping
MikeSpraggi
FlipB and son - Pasta Salad #1
Nickp997
Anderssi, Steve (Maybe)
Saigon71 - Bob, soda's and drinks
Mepstein - Peanut ButterCup - cake
OkieFlyer - Kevin and (yes!) Leesa, Brownies
Smdubovsky - Steve
914itis
I am thinking about it........
Cupomeat
Now that I am in VA, If the family doesn't double book, I AM THERE!!!
BajaXJ92
In.

I'll bring some Tequila for ya Matty! beerchug.gif
VaccaRabite
Me and some variation of my family will be in!
Please inform whoever you need to that hurricanes need not appear this year!

Zach
struckn
QUOTE(Scotti @ May 23 2012, 05:09 PM) *

QUOTE(914itis @ May 23 2012, 02:26 PM) *

sounds like a plan Paul beer.gif

I've marked my calendar and hopefully Translog will have my Teener done in time.

driving.gif chowtime.gif beer3.gif
914itis
QUOTE(Scotti @ May 23 2012, 09:09 PM) *

Scott if you are going, I will definitely make it . We can caravan .
scotty b
Meh let me see if anything better comes up. I'll let you know by the first of August mellow.gif
Tedman5
Strongly considering coming if able to get off of work. I'll confirm soon.
plas76targa
QUOTE(scotty b @ May 24 2012, 06:46 AM) *

Meh let me see if anything better comes up. I'll let you know by the first of August mellow.gif

You can't miss this. We're pulling port in your honor! [psst: still have some uncle jack left over from last year!]
914itis
QUOTE(Scotti @ May 24 2012, 04:24 PM) *

QUOTE(914itis @ May 23 2012, 11:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Scotti @ May 23 2012, 09:09 PM) *

Scott if you are going, I will definitely make it . We can caravan .

Consider it done. On our way to the Mason/Dixon line hope we are welcome

I hope so .. Pending invite ......
jsayre914
QUOTE(struckn @ May 23 2012, 11:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Scotti @ May 23 2012, 05:09 PM) *

I've marked my calendar and hopefully Translog will have my Teener done in time.

driving.gif chowtime.gif beer3.gif

So thats your car!

it looks great. its sitting right next to mine cheer.gif
Dr Evil
I will try, of course. Noel wants to take a vacation then. We were going to try to go to a beach. We even considered inviting Scotty smile.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 24 2012, 10:01 PM) *

I will try, of course. Noel wants to take a vacation then. We were going to try to go to a beach. We even considered inviting Scotty smile.gif

Are you going to let him think he gets to have fun or are you going to go ahead and let him know he is Tonka's nanny? confused24.gif
Dr Evil
Being Tonka's Nanny is fun confused24.gif
plas76targa
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 24 2012, 08:01 PM) *

IF my US geography is correct, Frederick MD is between Washington PA and 'The Beach". so stop here on your way TO or FROM the beach.
You can't leave all the Uncle Jack for scotty!

type47
RSVP and a icon_bump.gif PCA Potomac tech in the morning 9-2, drive up to Frederick takes about an hour, be there around 3ish... looking for caravan-ers...

Cool Matt. You'll be doing 2 914 weekends in a row! biggrin.gif Porschefest autocross at Summit the weekend before...
Dr Evil
Just got approved for time off this weekend smile.gif Noel and I will be there!
plas76targa
QUOTE(type47 @ Jun 1 2012, 10:29 AM) *

RSVP and a icon_bump.gif

Cool Matt. You'll be doing 2 914 weekends in a row! biggrin.gif Porschefest autocross at Summit the weekend before...

I should talk to talk to Potomac PCA and see if we could plan the picnic and auto-x together - would be a long day for most. Probably would take too much away from the picnic.
see you in August if not sooner!
zymurgist
I'd take a poll and see who is interested in both. Personally I'm much interested in the pulled port than in breaking my fragile old car. wink.gif
plas76targa
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 5 2012, 07:29 AM) *

Just got approved for time off this weekend smile.gif Noel and I will be there!

Great news! I'll warn the neighbors! drunk.gif
type47
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Jun 5 2012, 11:09 AM) *

I'd take a poll and see who is interested in both. Personally I'm much interested in the pulled port than in breaking my fragile old car. wink.gif

Well, you don't HAVE to do the auto-x and you don't HAVE to eat the pulled port; do what you want...
Tedman5
Myself +1 other member, JWHCars, WILL be attending whatever the day holds. We can bring my wife's premier pasta salad as a side and micro brew donation to the drink cooler.
plas76targa
QUOTE(Tedman5 @ Jun 5 2012, 12:18 PM) *

Myself +1 other member, JWHCars, WILL be attending whatever the day holds. We can bring my wife's premier pasta salad as a side and micro brew donation to the drink cooler.

piratenanner.gif Great news! Newbies are welcome!
scotty b

Looks like a day trip for me this time. My parents informed me they are on vacation that week so I need to take care of their dogs sad.gif
plas76targa
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 7 2012, 07:48 AM) *

Looks like a day trip for me this time. My parents informed me they are on vacation that week so I need to take care of their dogs sad.gif

well that 'bites' .. av-943.gif ok, that one was for me. Plop those K9's in a kennel! one or two nights for a couple of dogs can't cost that much.
[ask me how long we boarded three cats when moved to CA in '04]
On the other hand you have to do what's right. M&D helped with your cookout, like your avatar, "it's the right thing to do".
MikeSpraggi
No track events that weekend. No other commitments. BBQ is in August before the end of the world, December 21, 2012 ..... looks like I can make it biggrin.gif . Right now just me and one of the teeners. Might bring the yellow car if no rain is in the forcast.
plas76targa
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Jun 8 2012, 01:17 AM) *

No track events that weekend. No other commitments. BBQ is in August before the end of the world, December 21, 2012 ..... looks like I can make it biggrin.gif . Right now just me and one of the teeners. Might bring the yellow car if no rain is in the forcast.

look forward to seeing you and the yellow car. We promise not to let you take a nap behind the car!
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Jun 8 2012, 04:51 AM) *

QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Jun 8 2012, 01:17 AM) *

look forward to seeing you and the yellow car. We promise not to let you take a nap behind the car!

Funny .......... I don't remember that shades.gif ........
flipb
I might be able to make a day trip with my son. Would love to finally make it to one of these. Stay tuned...
nickp997
snce i'm now a double 914 owner, I would enjoy meeting you guys and hope to make it. It's on my calendar and unless a higher power overules, then I should be there.
plas76targa
QUOTE(nickp997 @ Jun 9 2012, 04:26 AM) *

snce i'm now a double 914 owner, I would enjoy meeting you guys and hope to make it. It's on my calendar and unless a higher power overules, then I should be there.

Nick. This is a family event. Pool in the back yard, volley ball in the front yard. Bring the "higher power" as there will be 'others' like her here.
We all look forward to meeting many of you "newbies", and there are a lot in this part of the country.
plas76targa
QUOTE(flipb @ Jun 8 2012, 07:03 PM) *

I might be able to make a day trip with my son. Would love to finally make it to one of these. Stay tuned...

Flipb - you are too close not to make this, and you have 'threatened' biggrin.gif us with your attendance in the past. Get up here and have some fun. Family members are welcome!
anderssj
Matt,

Thanks for hosting this again! Terri and I would like to be there, but I think that's the day we move son back to college. Maybe by then he'll be "launch and leave." We'll get a better idea a little closer to the event.

Thanks again!

Steve A-
plas76targa
Time for a icon_bump.gif
it's been 3 weeks since last post. We're about 6 weeks out until this event. Time for you to man up and say you'll attend. I'll update page one with whose bringing what. PM me if you need directions.
saigon71
Matt:

Thanks for hosting this again. Count me in, I will bring a cooler of soda if nobody signed up for that yet and some Lion's Head. beerchug.gif

Bob

PS: No hurricanes this year!
VaccaRabite
I'll bring beer and cigars.
Zach
mepstein
Matt - I'll bring peanut butter cup - cake. Thanks, Mark
BajaXJ92
Ill bring Scott. first.gif
okieflyr
I'll bring brownies blink.gif and hopefully Leesa biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
I'll bring ball gags, twister mat, and olive oil unless someone already spoke up for these items smile.gif
zymurgist
I'll whip up a Key lime pie.
flipb
I'm in!! Planning to bring my 5 year old.

I'll make a big Pasta Salad.
MikeSpraggi
OK, the time is approaching fast. Everyone still on board? biggrin.gif
mepstein
Mepstein-

peanut butter cupcakes - no

peanut butter cup - cake - yes

See you guys biggrin.gif
ws91420
Unfortunately the store manager is on vacation so no party for me.
type47
icon_bump.gif
plas76targa
and icon_bump.gif again. Three weeks away. Zach, can you highlight this now as key event?
VaccaRabite
Yep. Can do that.

Zach
zymurgist
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 30 2012, 03:18 PM) *

Yep. Can do that.

Zach

Ninja Green! piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.