Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical gremlins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gklinger
I've got a couple of strange electrical things going on. I don't think they're related, but...?

First problem:

Red brake warning light always on.
When brakes are applied, light goes out momentarily then comes back on.
When turn signals are activated, turn indicator flashes (left or right) correctly, but brake warning light flashes along with turn indicator.
Flasher relay makes a very slight buzzing noise, can only be heard when the car is not running, but I'm sure it's always there.

Second problem:

Instrument lights are always on.
If the car is running and the light switch is in either parking or headlight position, and the ignition is switched off, the car continues to run as if the ignition were still on. If lights are then turned off, the motor is switched off.

All lights operate normally otherwise.

Anyone seen anything like this before? Any ideas where to start to track this down?
markb
The wires on your brake master cyl are off or broken.
gklinger
Thanks, Mark. I was under there last weekend, and the wires are definitely there, altho I did not check them beyond that. I'll take a look and see what condition they're in and make sure they're properly connected. I'll let you know... headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.