Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5 lug rear hubs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
microsa
Oh yeah, who's got the best deal on a re-drilled to five lug rear hub with all the necessary pieces in one package? I know I've asked before, but don't think I got any firm answers.
SirAndy
QUOTE(microsa @ Oct 11 2004, 09:20 PM)
Oh yeah, who's got the best deal on a re-drilled to five lug rear hub with all the necessary pieces in one package? I know I've asked before, but don't think I got any firm answers.

[SHAMELESSPLUG]

i'll have a set for sale pretty soon as i'm going to 914/6 stub-axles and real 911 hubs ...

[/SHAMELESSPLUG]

rolleyes.gif Andy
datapace
GPR is selling pretty much everything for $325 with at $100 core charge here.

Kit Includes:

914-6 rear rotors
Rear wheel bearings
45mm verbus studs
Re-drilled exchange rear hubs ($100 core)

-datapace
Root_Werks
I do my own, don't even take the hubs off the car. Buddy of mine has the tool you bolt on, drill, thread and screw in studs or drill some more and push through studs. Takes about 2 hours to do both sides. Also drill out 914-4 rotors so the little centering screw can still be used. Total cost is lug nuts and studs. Studs I use I get from a VW supplier for $4 each any lenght up to 70mm I think? wink.gif Lug nuts I have bags of them so my cost was about $45 to do a rear 5-lug change over. Find someone you can borrow a "Tool" from. biggrin.gif
gopack
I had my rear trailing arms refreshed by Eric Shea. i sent them to him and he sent them back with new bushings, bearings, and 5 lug rear hubs. He also cleaned them up and painted them all nice and pretty. I'll post pics later when i get home. Looks like he added a pad to the back of each new hole before he drilled them, so nice and strong. ($400 IIRC).
I am very happy with the quality of the work.

I think he posts in the products section, otherwise look for him on the forums.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.