Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Past fuse block buyers IMPORTANT INFO!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom
Jeff Blowsby answered a issue one of the earlier buyers had. Seems he had only three red wires at the battery. Thanks to Jeff for catching this. The 70-72 cars only had two 4.0mm wires to the relay panel and one much larger red wire to the dash area where it goes to a terminal board and splits up into several smaller red wires.
If you purchased a kit, you need to check your car to see how many wires your car has. If you can't use the kit, let me know and I will refund your payment. Just PM me and we can arrange shipping and your refund.
Thanks,
Tom
Tom
I see a lot of looks but no replys. I hope that means you guys had no issues. That is a good thing, I guess most of the kits went to later model cars with 4 red wires.
Tom
Tedman5
I have a 70 with only 3 wires but mine is working fine. It left me 3 extra spots for misc use which I hooked an stereo amp up to tonight.
I had fuses popping every few minutes but then ran an amp check and realized terminal one was pulling 27 amps and fused it for 30 amps. No issues after that. Although that big a** wire was hard to solder/crimp in but I got it. smile.gif

Scott S
Hi Tom -
No worries on my end. I will find something to use it on for sure!

Thanks -
Scott S
BKLA
Tom -

I used a separate large in-line fuse for the large wire and used the two left over circuits for future driving lights wink.gif

thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.