Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boost HP - Anybody ever heard of/used this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AvalonFal
Just wondering if anyone here has ever heard of or used this piece. Claims to boost HP by 25.

ebid.com

Paul
Rand
Wow. Imagine if you combined that with a Turbinator.

I handn't seen that one yet. More modern day snake oil.
Valy
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ May 24 2012, 10:16 AM) *

Just wondering if anyone here has ever heard of or used this piece. Claims to boost HP by 25.

ebid.com

Paul

Sure it works.
I mounted 2 of them and got 50% more power!
I wonder what will 4 of them do idea.gif
Jeffs9146
It says that it "tricks" the system into thinking it is cold out and richens the fuel mixture! Seems to me that forcing your car to run rich is not a good thing!! confused24.gif
championgt1
dry.gif
underthetire
Probably get a "real" chip for not much more. I used to drop the thermostat on the 5.0GT from 195 to 165. That actually made a difference on that car.
biosurfer1
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ May 24 2012, 11:32 AM) *

It says that it "tricks" the system into thinking it is cold out and richens the fuel mixture! Seems to me that forcing your car to run rich is not a good thing!! confused24.gif

hell, I can do that with carbs already!
Black914_4
From what I read here running rich is not good for these cars.
They have some like that on eBay for $25-$30
I would not buy one for any of my cars.

brant
well....

I've been secretely hiding this from the group
I indend to go to bonneville this year and set a new record
so this is how I spent my winter months....

Its 275hp right now, but I hope to beef it up a little before I surprise the world with the debut!

I decided to go with 2 wheel drive because traction on the salt can be poor.
rnellums
"Gain +15-35 additional HP, and extremely dynamic acceleration by up to 30 %"

Last time I checked having consistent acceleration was better than changing, dynamic acceleration.
brant
since I'm announcing my secret plan I need some help.

Slits has offered to be crew chief for me on the salt

his only request was that he wants some of those spandex biking shorts for the event.

I wasn't planning on wearing them, but now am searching for a full body suit in spandex if anyone knows a source.......
brant
I found one source but the prices are very high
the race team is on a limited budget and I need to find a cheaper source...

anyone have a better source than:

SPANDEX ARE US
SLITS
Thanx Brant, but lite blue and pink are not my colors.
seanery
Here it is! I saw this guy wandering Glasgow, and well, I thought of Slits! LOL

*damn, musta had Andy's camera!*
brant
Sean,

that looks close...

but I really was hoping to find suits with a sewn in cape....?

what do you think about the cape Idea?

Woody
QUOTE(brant @ May 24 2012, 04:39 PM) *

Sean,

that looks close...

but I really was hoping to find suits with a sewn in cape....?

what do you think about the cape Idea?

It'll add some drag so if you're going for a speed record you may want to slap some more of those dealies on there.
Dave_Darling
...simply wires inline with factory IAT (Intake Air Temperature) also referred to as MAF (Mass Air Flow) or MAP sensor and plugs into the O2 sensor harness...

Neat, it somehow changes the intake air temp sensor into an air flow meter, and connects it directly to an oxygen sensor! Wow, that's really impressive on a car that only has one of those three things.

Hint: This chip has another name. It's called a "RESISTOR". It mucks with the mixture a little bit, but of course on most vehicles any more the O2 sensor will see the changed mixture and the fuel injection will compensate, canceling out any effect.

But that one has a little knob to tweak, and an LED! Woooo....

--DD
get off my lawn
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ May 24 2012, 09:16 AM) *

ebid.com

Paul

LOL, seriously?

If that POS doesn't take away 10 hp I'll give you a doll hair.
Mike Bellis
I don't think the stock FI has an extra 25hp available. Custom engine management and no problem...

IPB Image
sean_v8_914
this one adds efficiency and power
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7G7xOG2Ag...feature=related
avidfanjpl
My mechanic said to me the following wise adage recently, "You can run rich all the time, but you can only run lean once!"

He is right. I burned a piston in my first 914 2.0L (#3, the hottest one) in 1979. My first rebuild was a total success.

That was my first set of Mahle pistons, cylinders and wrist pins. I have another in box NOS set under my bed just in case.

I still take them out to drool into a towel over them still in the Mahle wax paper.

And no, they don't have that stupid HP chipset attached.

And no, hardly any DJets run lean unless you really screw up. Most are rich, but get out and drive it after checking TPS, CHT, AAR, MPS and ECU. I can do all of them in my sleep.

The only way to make more HP in a 914 is to do what Wilford Brimley says and "Put a Six in that Teener!"

Who said it here? How fast will this question be answered?

It is someone quite famous to World!

John
SLITS
QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ May 24 2012, 10:34 PM) *

The only way to make more HP in a 914 is to do what Wilford Brimley says and "Put a Six in that Teener!"

Who said it here? How fast will this question be answered?

It is someone quite famous to World!

John

It was that idjut from the east coast ... ya know ... assklown #1
jcambo7
I have been told you shouldn't even run rich. That it could cause you cylinder to wash out or something... confused24.gif
Rand
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ May 25 2012, 07:34 AM) *

I have been told you shouldn't even run rich. That it could cause you cylinder to wash out or something... confused24.gif

During break-in of a new engine, that is extremely critical. Not as much afterwards.

But of course once the richness stops adding power, any more is a waste and pollutant.
jcambo7
QUOTE(Rand @ May 26 2012, 03:33 AM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ May 25 2012, 07:34 AM) *

During break-in of a new engine, that is extremely critical. Not as much afterwards.

But of course once the richness stops adding power, any more is a waste and pollutant.

Ok I understand now. Thanks!
Cairo94507
LOL! John I agree with you 100% Wilfred is right. My six is at his shop now beginning a full restoration. I do not have the original motor as it was replaced approximately 30 years ago with a 3.0 so that being the case a stock 3.2 is going in that baby.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.