Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scam, beware: Chase student loans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I keep getting calls on my phone from Houston, TX number 713-374-4316 saying that they are Chase Student Loans. I looked up this number before and found that it is a scam. If you call the number or answer a call from them the first thing they ask for is your SSN. I was surprised that they answered when I called back. When the chick asked for my SSN I told her that if they were legit they would have it already, they it is known that they are a scam, and that they should stop calling me.

I have loans through Chase so I was almost duped, but this sounded too suspicious.

I put it here to alert y'all and so it is searchable by the world wide web.
pt_700
yikes! isn't this how the "world" came to the attention of those who might do our beloved site harm a few weeks ago?

i too would like the light of truth be shed on all these scumbags, just hope there's no retaliation like last time...

patssle
Damn Houstonians - nothing but trouble.
Cairo94507
We should give them the social security number of a serial murderer who is due for parole soon and let him hunt them down when they screw with his identity..... evilgrin.gif
Dr Evil
Fear will lead you to live on your knees....
carr914
China via Houston shades.gif
Black914_4
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 24 2012, 09:11 PM) *

China via Houston shades.gif

happy11.gif
rhodyguy
i curse at them most of the time. foul language. i consumed 30+ minutes of some guy's time that had a free Bahamian cruise for me and the wife. stupid questions and wouldn't let him get a word in edgewise. "does the room have a window. do they have skeet shooting, water slides, pizza at the buffet,"...on and on. when i told him i was just playing with him he got all huffy about putting food on the table and waiting his time."you called me pal." fun times.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.