Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buttercup's Dark Side...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wndsrfr
OK, so I bit on the rockers that Bullitt posted in the FS/WTB & here's the before and after shots.....
mepstein
Doesn't do it for me. If you had black valences front and rear, then yes and maybe black sails panels.
J-ROD
I think they look good idea.gif I like your front turn signal lens... What brand are they?
bulitt
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 24 2012, 09:15 PM) *

Doesn't do it for me. If you had black valences front and rear, then yes and maybe black sails panels.

If it was Red it would do it for you av-943.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(bulitt @ May 24 2012, 10:07 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 24 2012, 09:15 PM) *

If it was Red it would do it for you av-943.gif

Looked at a red one for sale today biggrin.gif
wndsrfr
QUOTE(J-ROD @ May 24 2012, 05:56 PM) *

I think they look good idea.gif I like your front turn signal lens... What brand are they?

they're hella with the numbers BLPo 152 and 43253R7...
They use orange bulbs....PO put them on, dk where to get them now....

LotusJoe
Black valance and wheels look good. Nice change thumb3d.gif
PeeGreen 914
Looks great. The more black the better smile.gif
RJMII
The black looks good...

Do you have the side gills on both sides? are they functional?
wndsrfr
QUOTE(RJMII @ May 25 2012, 11:46 AM) *

The black looks good...

Do you have the side gills on both sides? are they functional?

Yep...if you look closely at the "before" photo you'll see that the side vents were quite restricted, more like a hood scoop directing the air in at right angles to the sheet metal behind the flares. I opened them up to aim the air back along the inside edge of the back wheels and also opened up the metal backing plates to help scoop the air into the rotors....here's a couple of pics....
ChrisFoley
I'm not a fan of the 916 nose but I think it looks much nicer with the black rockers as an accent!
KELTY360
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ May 25 2012, 01:37 PM) *

I'm not a fan of the 916 nose but I think it looks much nicer with the black rockers as an accent!

agree.gif
poorsche914
I had a silver '75 with the 916 nose and black rockers. The black was carried around the bottom of the front bumper and the rear valence was also black (had stock rear bumper). Here is a photoshop of yours with the black added.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.