Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: No PC - but fun car stuff
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
There was a car I had been watching for several months out of Chicago - a nicely restored 59 Morgan that was at a dealer on consignment from the original owner. neat car. We were going back and forth on price - not really getting anywhere. In one of the pics we noticed this sitting in the back ground - a 1957 Fordson Thames delivery truck (basically Ford of England). It was used by Harrods Department Store in London. The deal that was thrown out was that we would buy the Morgan if they threw in the truck for free. After very little back and forth, the deal was done.

I drove it last night for about 45 minutes. It is the funniest damn thing - everything from the patina, to the single drivers seat (it's right hand drive) to the wood that supports the cargo area - to the puff of smoke on decel from the 32 horse flat 4. The front window is a safari - like a VW bus! It has semiphores and these fantastic headlights that pulsate with the generator RPM and that are frosted at the top to reduce glare in the city. the door glass is manual - you simply pull it up and it is held there by friction. If I can get an oil leak fixed, I will take it to our local concours next month - untouched/un washed. I need to find some mannequin parts to throw in the back!

I did not get half of the stuff done to the 914 that I wanted too last night due to messing with thing. Anyway, thought you guys might enjoy it.
Scott S
Here is the Morgan (sorry for the crappy cell phone pic). need to straighten the bumper!
Andyrew
To cool! Congrats!
PeeGreen 914
Wow, nice score beerchug.gif Looks like that would be find to drive around smile.gif
shoguneagle
Great enjoyment and utility. I like the "little truck/delivery van" because I see it as being a very fun driving car and provide utility to the other cars. Looks like great fun and enjoyment for the delivery van AND the Morgan

Enjoy!!!

Steve Hurt
Mountain914
BOGO to the max! Sweet!

Note: BOGO: Buy one, get one free!
r_towle
Looks like a hot rod begging to come out of its shell

Rich
abnrdo
Way cool!! The Morgan is nice, but I really dig that truck. first.gif
effutuo101
Nice Scott!
This is a much better picture of the morgan then the last time I saw it!
jcambo7
Nice score! That Morgan is sweet!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.