Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New wheel addition.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Found this in a corner of the warehouse today, looks familiar, but check the center cap that came off of it. 5.5x 15 wheel no name on the back or front.
CCLINWHEELWORLD
boxstr
Center cap....
Jeff Krieger
Yup, those look exactly like mine. Still not 100% sure what they are.
ChrisReale
maybe for a Fiat or Alfa Romeo? They look nice....
markb
Can't tell you what brand they are, but I've got a couple sets laying around if you want 'em. I'm not fond of them personally.
ChrisReale
My money says they are Italian. Thats my college education at work there... cool.gif
Joe Bob
Popular knock off for the bugs....more than one company made them.
Lawrence
Hey Z... howz your flarez?

-Rusty
Joe Bob
Cut the arches and installed the rears......the conversion flywheel, fans and cooling shrouds, spacers and the 993 wheels arrive next week.....could be on the road at the end of the month.
Lawrence
Looks good. You gonna attach them with dzus fasteners, or meld them into the body?
Joe Bob
Gonna leave the fasteners exposed. Call the car "Frankenstein" blink.gif ....
Lawrence
Paint the flares, body and fasteners all different colors. smile.gif

-Rusty
Mark Henry
They are Western stars, common 70's wheel made in the good old USA. I've never seen that type of cap, may be home built/modified.

I have the same wheels drilled for small 5 bolt VW van '72-89.
Jeff Krieger
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 11 2003, 09:38 AM)
They are Western stars, common 70's wheel made in the good old USA. I've never seen that type of cap, may be home built/modified.

I have the same wheels drilled for small 5 bolt VW van '72-89.

I thought they were Western wheels too because a few years ago GrassRoots MotorSport was doing a restoration on a 914 that had the same wheels and I emailed the magazine and asked them what kind of wheels they were and the guy said "Western" wheels.
Aaron Cox
they look like my neighbors boat trailer wheels. four lug and all. hmmm....what is their width?
kafermeister
I just checked the set that my dad has. No markings on the rims other than "pat-pend" and "15x5" on the back side. No markings inside the bead area eather. Dad's have no screw holes for the bolt-on center cap, thus it uses a push-through.

Rick
krk
Z,

Maybe this could be your "inspiration" pic!

mueba.gif

kim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.