Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outer Rocker Panel fit to inner.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wndsnd
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachmentI got my rocker triangles finally, (they were lost in the mail) and got the sill plate welded in.

I am trying to fit the outer rocker panel. If I use the bolt holes under the car on the inner, it looks to me like the outer panel angles in too much.

Click to view attachment

Pictures of other cars look like the outer rocker is almost vertical. Is that an illusion? For me to do that I would have to use some kind of brackets at the bottom to hold it out.

Is everything out of skew? Am I sheeplove.gif
Scott S
The rockers definitely tuck in at the bottom -I am not sure of any exact measurement, but it is not just slightly. I am guessing 2" - maybe more....

The picture you posted of the front edge looks spot on. The rear looks a bit much, but that can be manipulated when you mount them.
Mike Bellis
Here's what mine look like. Yours look fine.

Click to view attachment
r_towle
It's right, but
Go to the hardware store and get some 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch thick rubber washers and put them between the rocker cover and the bottom of the long.
This creates a small gap between the rocker cover and your hard work on the long repair.
The gap allows rocks, dirt and stuff to fall out....otherwise it has no place to go and it collects in the space, then starts the whole rotting process again.

With the gap, you can slide a garden hose in from the front or rear and shoot all the road debris out on a regular basis.

Rich
wndsnd
Your coments are making me feel better. I wlll get the washers, that sounds like an excellent suggestion. The left side is already gone so I have nothing to compare it to. Pitures of others cars are helping.

Thanks and I hope you all get some time in this weekend.!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.