Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what a way to start the weekend!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
i'm on my way to go pick up my daughter and i get rear ended 2 blocks from my house in the geo metro. so i deal with the cops and all that and then go and get the 914 out of the garage, starts fine back it out and shut it off to close the garage door and go to start it again and it turns over catches like it started then bang! nothing! wont turn over nothing!

so i take the truck all 9 mpg at $4.35 a gal.

i need a fuel efficient commuter!!!!

so this weekend i'm going to drop the geo engine and transaxle in the 914. they weigh almost the same so it shouldn't be to bad.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(messix @ May 25 2012, 11:59 PM) *

i'm on my way to go pick up my daughter and i get rear ended 2 blocks from my house in the geo metro. so i deal with the cops and all that and then go and get the 914 out of the garage, starts fine back it out and shut it off to close the garage door and go to start it again and it turns over catches like it started then bang! nothing! wont turn over nothing!

so i take the truck all 9 mpg at $4.35 a gal.

i need a fuel efficient commuter!!!!

so this weekend i'm going to drop the geo engine and transaxle in the 914. they weigh almost the same so it shouldn't be to bad.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Glad you weren't injured.
NORD
Your going to put a Geo motor in a 914 smash.gif welder.gif

Good Luck with that
jcambo7
QUOTE(NORD @ May 26 2012, 09:50 AM) *

Your going to put a Geo motor in a 914 smash.gif welder.gif

Good Luck with that

Troy is great at down grading his 914 instead of upgrading like the rest of us. poke.gif

Troy-Sorry to hear but glad you're safe.
KELTY360
QUOTE(messix @ May 25 2012, 08:59 PM) *

brain.gif Those squirrels won't hunt.....they rotate in the wrong direction. chair.gif Haven't I taught you anything? slap.gif
914werke
unsure.gif 1st the infinity, then the squirrel cage, then the teener.
Quit while your ahead! but I guess that is 3.
messix
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 26 2012, 08:51 AM) *

QUOTE(messix @ May 25 2012, 08:59 PM) *

brain.gif Those squirrels won't hunt.....they rotate in the wrong direction. chair.gif Haven't I taught you anything? slap.gif

I'm usimg the geo transaxle, this is gonna work pretty good .

The measurements looks like I can fit eveything in there, radaitor and all with room to spare!

The stock shift rod might even work out 'cause it comes out right at the right spot on the tranny !

It's like this was made to be the prefect swap!

Off to pepboys to find some thing to step donw the half shats to mate the two sizes to tegether, im thinking smat exhaust pipe adapters.

Oh and the wiring hareness out of the geo will be a step up from the old harnes!
Krieger
popcorn[1].gif
Mr.242
Troy,
get to the ER quick. You've suffered a head injury! Call an attorney too. You will need money for your recovery. Both for the 914, GEO, and YOU.

I am worried.... blink.gif
messix
here's a pic of the geo, it still drives .... kinda
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(messix @ May 26 2012, 11:32 AM) *

here's a pic of the geo, it still drives .... kinda

I will give you 200.00for it to make a rallyX car out of it. poke.gif
DNHunt
Troy,

I got Old Smoky sitting on a bench in the garage. turns over by hand. There's a pressure plate and clutch disk on it. It is set op for EDIS and batch fuel injection. It's got a header so no heat. I don't know if I have the ECU but we could put a Megasquirt together in a weekend. It's yours to use for free if you want, but I get it back if you sell the car.

Dave
messix
thanks dave but no need.

the 3cyl of fury is sitting where the 1.8 was and i've got the engine cradle almost done.

the angle iron i'm using is a bitch though, and the flux core 120v that i'm using is making hellashish booger welds.

the elec harness from the geo is so simple, this is gonna be easy to run the stock f/i.

i had to cut a bit of the back wall at the trunk to make the intake fit.

this thing is so much lighter than the 1.8 and transaxle, the car was at about 2100lbs and i'm thinking i'll loose 200lbs off the old set up!!!!

and thinking of the cooling, what way did the air want to move from the engine compartment? i thought it wanted to come out the top ... low pressure? so i think i need to duct the incoming from under and blow out the top right?
flipb
Sounds like it's too late now, but the crank-crank-BANG kinda sounds like what happened when my starter jammed. Make sure it isn't something so simple as just getting the starter to retract.
Dr Evil
Pics or you are full of it.
JRust
Troy is so full of shit it comes out his ears blink.gif . Glad the motor mount is going well. I can't wait to see this thing flyin
Mr.242
This post is all about Troy taking it in the REAR first thing in the morning?
confused24.gif

av-943.gif lol-2.gif
messix
can't you ass hats read? slap.gif

the time stamp was last night!!!!! shades.gif

i don't take it in the rear..... especially in the morning! sheeplove.gif

it's mostly done, i just took it around the block and the power is really lacking!

i think i can help that out though. i'm scrounging craigslist and think i found what i need!

messix
this is what i'm talking about!
PeeGreen 914
dry.gif Your Geo is green mister I stomp on it in a 25 MPH residential zone chair.gif
NORD

Don't you know you can't tubo a 914 GEO av-943.gif
JRust
Where is the update man? I want to see how you do your radiator. Then see you driving that 45mpg teener driving.gif
messix
Change of plans, I found this down the street
messix
I almost pulled the trigger on this one
Woody
popcorn[1].gif stirthepot.gif
euro911
QUOTE(messix @ May 27 2012, 07:49 PM) *
WTF.gif icon8.gif I would have emptied an entire magazine on it ar15.gif
audio_file
I'm not a mustang fan but i still threw up in my mouth a little bit when I saw that thing coming down the road... Looked like a lot of work for such a horrible outcome! Wonder if it'll be at the show and shine tomorrow, so I can "admire" it up close...
jimkelly
that mustang is a FAIL

the GHIA on the other hand : ))

glad to hear you guys are ok - my wife was in an accident the other day - we were very lucky too.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 28 2012, 03:25 AM) *

QUOTE(messix @ May 27 2012, 07:49 PM) *
WTF.gif icon8.gif I would have emptied an entire magazine on it ar15.gif

av-943.gif well stated!
tscrihfield
QUOTE(messix @ May 27 2012, 10:47 PM) *

Change of plans, I found this down the street

I hope I'm not the only one who sees what this fool cut up to make this awful Ghia!
blink.gif

That is a waste of three Cars... I do admire the craftsmanship though...

Ghia
40's Chevy
914werke
av-943.gif happy11.gif
brant
You have inspired me....

I pulled an all-nighter and built tin work for mine
This should seal the engine compartment and assure the air flow follows the stock configuration.

I'm bolting up to a 915

1000cc's of fury:
Ductech
Dude .... Shitty weekend bro... Sorry to hear about the geo but I must say I have to tip my hat to you in your noble efforts to make the best of both shitty situations. By the way I've found with now shrouding of a type 4 the air moves from the bottom out the engine lid. Especially at freeway speed. Hope that helps... How close are you to being mobile with this project?
messix
up date!

it pissed me off so i just put a match to it
NORD
QUOTE(messix @ May 28 2012, 06:02 PM) *

up date!

it pissed me off so i just put a match to it

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
euro911
QUOTE(brant @ May 28 2012, 11:26 AM) *
...1000cc's of fury:
WTF have you got there, Brant???
Ductech
Burn baby burn! I was gonna say that I have a little motivation for your metro motor
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.