Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: suspension
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
73p914
i want to lower my suspension an inch and a half or two inches all the way around but i dont understand the lbs. 100lbs,140lbs,200lbs etc.... could someone explain pleeze.. ar15.gif
Mueller
the pound ratings of the springs have almost nothing to do with lowering the car........with the stock parts, you can darn near have the car sitting on the ground (it'll handle like cr@p, but it'll look neat smile.gif )

what are you trying to do? (daily street driver, agressive auto-x or????)

are new rims/tires in the picture?

front: re-index the torsion bars (do a search here for torsion bars, this has been covered a whole bunch of times)

rear: best bet is to get some "real" shocks such as Bilsteins or even better yet, Koni Yellows and put on adjustable spring perches (search here for pictures, vendors)
bob91403
According to Pelican Parts the 100lb springs will give you a stock ride height or higher, and, the others will lower the car. Add adjustable bilsteins and you can tweek it anyway you like. Adjust torsion bars for the front.
73p914
im going for agressive street and i have the 8 spoke rims and i want it to not only look good but perform good also
d914
140-150lbs springs in the back will drop the rear end an inch to inch an a half.

adjust the torsion bars in the front. adjustable shocks would be good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.