Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ground locations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Bryan
Howdy! Well I'm tired of the fuse popping since I have installed a new fuse panel and I have started the process of cleaning up my car's electrical system. I am starting with the much touted "clean your ground connections" by removing the connectors from their posts, wire brushing the contact area and making sure there is no corrosion, re splicing new connectors, shrink wrapping the assembly and re connecting them.

I am looking for all of the ground posts. I have found four so far: two behind the head light assemblies, one next to the fuse panel and one in the engine compartment behind the driver. Are there any more locations other than these? I want to make sure that this is a good starting point with no problems.

Now that there are good ground connections, is there a product that I can coat the now clean connectors with so that corrosion can be prevented? Just looking for an additional layer of security.

Lastly, I ordered a wiring schematic from Prosperos Garage. Wow, nice product! But, as with all things, my teener differs a little from the stock wiring diagrams. So, does anyone have a full pic of the JWest fuse panel? Not the one from their website, which shows only half of the panel. I'm interested in the second half, fuses 7-12.. I'm asking about that one because I need a word description of what it's use is, not a picture, which I have already.

Honor and enjoy your Memorial Day weekend, American lives paid for it!

God Bless-Bryan
orange914
You may want to use some di-electric grease also to keep your connections clean @ rust free.

JeffBowlsby
From here: http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/TechNotebook.htm

biggrin.gif
914Bryan
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ May 26 2012, 08:52 AM) *

Thanks Jeff!!!!!
914Bryan
piratenanner.gif VICTORY! Everything works!! This is a testament for checking your grounds! I am so happy right now, I think I will crack a beer (even though it's before noon)! beerchug.gif

Thanks for the help and PM's for advice! I can always rely on the "World" for problem solving!

Bryan

Now if I can only solve the big four or six delima! lol-2.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.