Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Driving Experience
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppickerell
My wife called me today after completing her first day of the Porsche Driving Experience at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham. I could tell from her voice she was AMPED. She had Hurley Haywood as in car instructor for half the day. She told him that Her Husband SOn and Brother were going to Lemans this weekend. She asked him if he knew anything about Lemans. He told her "Yea, I won it three times." They did skidpad, AX, and track runs today. Tomorrow they run mostly track runs. She told me they were running Carerras and Boxster S's. She told Hurley that her son gave her grief about having a tiptronic and Hurley told her that he had 2 pcars and both were tips!
SpecialK
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Oct 12 2004, 08:50 PM)
She told him that Her Husband SOn and Brother were going to Lemans this weekend.

Man....I got to get me a better paying job! headbang.gif
vortrex
I heard that somewhere else also, that hurley is a big fan of the tips.

on the last day he might send the students out with a head start in the Carerras and then catch them in the boxster. did that too a friend that went some years back.
seanery
Have her ask Hurley why the red bull car is so much faster than his! biggrin.gif
maf914
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 13 2004, 06:05 AM)
Have her ask Hurley why the red bull car is so much faster than his! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif I've wondered that myself!

I went to the Grand Am Rolex race at Barber Motorsport Park this past weekend. The Red Bull Brumos car was faster there as well! Great new track. Very impressive facility. Pretty good race as well. A good weekend trip, even if the weather was a bit damp.

I met Brett of this forum who delivered some parts that I bought. Now, that's great sevice! biggrin.gif Thanks, Brett.
URY914
The company I work for is based in B'ham so I get to visit every once and a while.

Everyone needs to go tour the motorcycle museum. Largest in the world. The guy owns +/- 1000 bikes.

Great place to spend half a day.

Paul
monkei
Debra said that the PDE is First Class and the track is VERY intimidating. She is the only woman in the class and says there is a lot of testosterone flowing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.