Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: J P, what's been happenin'
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
Well, since you asked.......
I totaled my truck. Ins didn't cover the damaged canopy.
I bought another truck, same body style but cheep (of course) cause it needed body work.
The topper needed body work and it was the wrong color....a match made in heaven, eh?
Fixed the truck.
Fixed the topper & repainted.....almost done...just reassembly & remounting left.
Now lessee if we can do some pics.
J P Stein
Wait, there's more! biggrin.gif

Everything works great, Andy. Good job.
seanery
Damn, JP! Your paintwork looks purdy!!!! -)
DNHunt
That looked nasty! You never said whether you needed any body work (from the accident I mean). I'm assuming you are OK for an old guy.

Dave
J P Stein
QUOTE(seanery @ May 26 2012, 11:08 AM) *

It's a 10 footer but it's a truck & was less than pristine no how. I do OK fer a 10 footer. But thanks. biggrin.gif

BTW: the new-to-me truck has the TRD suspenders under (71K miles and a year older) and is a much better ride than my broke Prerunner @ 46K miles.

The old bod survived OK, Dave. I'm hopping for summore milage from it.
Randal
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 26 2012, 11:16 AM) *

QUOTE(seanery @ May 26 2012, 11:08 AM) *

It's a 10 footer but it's a truck & was less than pristine no how. I do OK fer a 10 footer. But thanks. biggrin.gif

BTW: the new-to-me truck has the TRD suspenders under (71K miles and a year older) and is a much better ride than my broke Prerunner @ 46K miles.

The old bod survived OK, Dave. I'm hopping for summore milage from it.

Nice paint job on the top JP.

How is the body work coming on the truck?

J P Stein
I blended out the new to old paint the other day (sand & buff) and it too came out OK. Found thaat the original paint was thinner than I expected even using 1500 grit......but It's hard to tell from 10 feet. biggrin.gif

I had a paintless dent guy come over and get the shape close.....those creases were sharp & deep. There is some bondo there but it's done.
No pics since blending.
EdwardBlume
Ouch!

You really could use a 914 to apply those skills towards... happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.