Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's alive and on the street
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
904svo
Thanks to John Jentz and Al Meredith for helping me with a clutch problem the car
is now on the street for more testing of the cooling system. The only thing I can
say It's A ROCKET SHIP!!! Anybody thing about converting to a Subaru engine
do it. It's worth the time and money.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
aktion035.gif
Brett W
How well is that cooling system gonna work? Its ingesting lots of hot air.
strawman
Sweet! Keep us updated on how the cooling system works out. Subscribed...
Cracker
Absolutely great looking car...I'd love a ride too! I'm here in Woodstock as well. I'm shooting you a PM with my contact info. I'm very interested to see how the subie runs/feels.

If you car is up for it...come on over to my house to show it off.

Tony/Cracker
JFJ914
QUOTE(Brett W @ May 26 2012, 09:30 PM) *

That's just a kludge for testing, can't put the rear body on with that radiator. A custom radiator is next w/proper ducting.
Dr Evil
Like smile.gif
BIGKAT_83

Looks like it would work good in reverse. Just have to back up everywhere you go. poke.gif

After doing a couple of Subaru conversions I have found that they are very easy to cool.

Larry I bet that is a rocket ship. Is it a 2.0 or 2.5 liter engine. Looks good

904svo
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ May 27 2012, 03:13 PM) *

Looks like it would work good in reverse. Just have to back up everywhere you go. poke.gif

After doing a couple of Subaru conversions I have found that they are very easy to cool.

Larry I bet that is a rocket ship. Is it a 2.0 or 2.5 liter engine. Looks good

It's a 2007 2.5 WRX (turbo) engine and yes its a rocket ship. As far as the cooling
it's looks like what I planed will work, the next couple of days will tell.
flash914
Most if not all fork lifts and the org. mini coppers had the air flow set up that way. In over the engine out throught the radator. Dust picked up from the ground clouging the radator is the worst problem. Gordon
partwerks
I have the 2004 WRX 2.0 and really like it.

I had gotten a used Cobb Port off of the Subie club and had my mechanic do the honors of reflashing the computer.

From what the tech is mentioning, with the stage 2, should put me around the 315 hp range??

Lyle,

Sounds good, it shouldn't be too tricky once you have everything you need and the connectors located! The Stage 1 mapping will get you roughly a 15% increase in HP and a 20% increase in torque. With the Stage 2 mapping you will have a total increase of 26% HP and 31% increase in torque. You could try running the Stage 2 mapping with your current down pipe design (flat plate that mounts to the turbo), but you'll have the full benefit with a freer flowing design. Make sure to keep an eye on your boost levels to make sure you are in the target range for each map (the map notes are available here). If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thank you,
Ian Armstrong
Tech Support
ph: 866.922.3059 ext. 1108
ian.armstrong@cobbtuning.com
Brett W
Sounds like I am going to have to ride back over to Canton and arrange a visit with you guys.
TravisNeff
This is great popcorn[1].gif
rpg5553
Looks great, Love to see it in person as I am in Buford and not that far away. Just got back from drive up in the mountains to Suches and Helen with my Suby teener.
Spent five hours in it running the mountains and surprising those pesky Hondas and Mazdas. Only problem forgot how low it is and ran over a dead possum. Rolled it up
under the car. Been trying to spray the under side to get the smell out of it!

You will need to bring that jewel to the Cars and Caffine first Sunday of the month.
Will be the only one like it.
Ronnie G
a914622
Im sure that would give old man porsche a woody!!!

Like a bionic hart transplant!!

sweet!!

jcl
kerensky
Hmm, so when I bring the family out to Atlanta this summer, can I get a drive? wink.gif

Seriously tho, is this a Beck 904, or one of the other 'replicar' outfits?
904svo
QUOTE(kerensky @ May 28 2012, 09:21 PM) *

Hmm, so when I bring the family out to Atlanta this summer, can I get a drive? wink.gif

Seriously tho, is this a Beck 904, or one of the other 'replicar' outfits?

This is a Beck's 904 when he work for Avanti. I bought it as a kit car back in 2004.
a914622
Your going to need bigger/sticker tires biggrin.gif

man that looks good!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.