Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strainer Gaskets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Changing my oil, a new experience for me on this car and boy do I ever wish I had a hoist! The strainer gasket tore while I was cleaning it, of course I need a new one but there are 2, will I just have a bit of an oil leak til I get new a new one or am I now in a " Don't drive the car til ya get one situation". Wanted to recce some roads and three restaurants tomorrow, cause I'm organizing the 2nd annual New Brunswick PCA tour.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
r_towle
You need two or it will leak, but rest assured that hundreds of people have just used one and leaked for years....I bet the cap'n has seen a few when people bring their cars to him for work.

Rich
Valy
Click on the link in my signature and download the gaskets PDF. Make the gasket from thick cardboard. Usually food boxes work well.
Cevan
A strainer gasket kit (two gaskets and a crush washer) is $2.50 at PP.
Ian Stott
QUOTE(Cevan @ May 27 2012, 08:31 AM) *

A strainer gasket kit (two gaskets and a crush washer) is $2.50 at PP.

Thanks, I still have a leak, manageable for now til the kit comes in, need a voltage regulator as well. I am a bit shy to crank on the nut that holds the strainer assembly in place, I heard if you damage that your in a world of hurt!

Ian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.