Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: musical wheels and tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
first off i want to thank dino for the opportunity. last thurs i was reading his thread indecisiveness about keeping and selling his car, called him and done. it's not often you find a chassis this clean, with all the time, effort, and $$$ already thrown at it. see "indecisiveness thread". thanks again.

the set from the red car went on the silver car, the set from the silver car went on the green car, and the set from the green car went to les schwab and the tires were dismounted from the Fuch wheels. i'll post these and take some more pics.

k
rhodyguy
car and garage shots. the car will be painted back to original irish green, steel wheels w/nipple style no crest hubcaps, the metal front valance on the silver car, early rear bumper. as it would have looked when it rolled out in 1970. except for the 2.0. i have a bunch d-jet stuff and will attempt to go back to fi. this whole excursion started because i wanted to trade my valance for the LE style on his before he sold his car.

k
rhodyguy
car and garage shots. the car will be painted back to original irish green, steel wheels w/nipple style no crest hubcaps, the metal front valance on the silver car, early rear bumper. as it would have looked when it rolled out in 1970. except for the 2.0. i have a bunch d-jet stuff and will attempt to go back to fi at some point. this whole excursion started because i wanted to trade my valance for the LE style on his before he sold his car. the other half of the parts pile is in the storage shed.

k
Cairo94507
Very nice purchase. I have two of those Liftmasters in may garage by the way. Love 'em.
seanery
Hi Kevin! Good Buy!!! wavey.gif
JRust
Excellent Kevin! I'll get you out the Fuel pump tuesday. Not heading up to a Mariners game today.
rhodyguy
pm'ed my addy to you.
bembry
That silver 914 looks awesome.
+100 for putting the stock metal valence back on.
IronHillRestorations
Did Dino keep the early light tan interior?
rhodyguy
it is still in the car. needs a deep cleaning tho. i think it will make a nice combo with the irish green. i think the interior will stay cooler, temp wise, for open roof driving. hotter climates make for brutal interior temps in my experience. so brutal i've put a white sheet across black seats during long distance runs.
914werke
The Garage looks great!
Im also curious about the LiftMaster..off to do some searching.
914werke
Oh and what happened to the Red car? Insurance haul it away
rhodyguy
the 75' is still here. i tore in to it for a while on sat removing interior stuff. the ins co didn't total it. they gave me enough to fix it. dry.gif NOT!!!, but a fair sum imho considering the non- op status. i kept it with no buy back and no branded title. you need something off of it rich?

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.